Toribash
Original Post
Darkfall
Darkfall: Rise of Agon
Sandbox MMORPG

Disclaimer: Darkfall is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get into if you don't have anyone to help guide you along with it, it's a complex game with lots of content which makes wading through the useful and the useless a daunting task. The benefit of darkfall is once you get past the initial hump, you get to PVP and it's an adrenaline rush. Sieges with hundreds of real players with full loot (meaning you drop everything when you die) makes this game so much better than tab target MMO's.

Darkfall is a special type of MMORPG, with aspects of morrowind but a much longer grind. Darkfall is only Darkfall due to it's PVP, where massive sieges occur between clans for holding's and hamlets. Darkfall is known for its huge map, extensive political system (which is pretty much clans and their alliances fighting for control of cities that have better resources or closer to good mobs). Pros and cons list incoming!:
Pros
Best Pvp ever
Amazing community
very strategic
no levels and restrictions from attacking other players (except NPC city towers)

Cons
Grind is insane atm (6/1/2012) but before darkfall 2.0 comes out (hasn't been released) they're skill gain increases and the price of buying a copy of darkfall, free
When your new sometimes but not often you get ganked by reds
game costs 40$ (currently will be changed to 0$ soon) and 15$ a month (will stay after game price changes)

You become a red by killing and ganking blue players, which will make NPC cities towers attack you on sight. This game is basically an Ultima Online 3d, just once you look past the graphics and the kind of lame animations this game becomes great. But there are chaos cities which a blue or red can go to. This game is also very clan based, and you wont lose reputation (factor that determines whether your blue or red) if you kill an enemy clan member, but can't be inside a blue city. I would explain it all but frankly it would take hours, what I recommend is PMing me, or getting into it with a friend, maybe even joining a newbie guild right away and meet some cool people from the start. The reason why is because this game wouldn't be fun without someone else to grind with, pvp with etc.
But I'm fat and lazy so im going to make you watch this video instead of writing more:

Ship PvP, Siege (still pvp), Kraken (pve)

Last edited by cocacobra; Apr 17, 2016 at 05:13 PM.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
This looks like an MMO I could get into. I've always wanted a Morrowind-style MMO game. But then again, I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't like the idea of paying subscription fees. I much prefer paying a one-off price for the game, but apparently that doesn't work for MMO's in this day and age...
Oh yeah, I totally agree. Speaking of that i forgot to put that in there, thanks for reminding me. Just another reason why I can't wait for Guild Wars 2.
i created the ??? emoji
Looks very Morrowindish, neato!

Research time...

EDIT: Actually the PvP wasn't that impressive looking, but maybe just because I am an ex-Rising Forces player so I expect more from PvP...
Last edited by ImmortalCow; Jun 2, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
the pvp did make me feel dead inside, it seems to have a very dynamic sp though

fucking krakens
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
actually i can safely say this game has the best pvp ive ever played/seen in a game.
i pretty much just found the first pvp video i saw on youtube, but this game is 100% about pvp, pve is just to get to be able to pvp effectively.
i created the ??? emoji
*facepalm*
to be able to successfully pvp you need a weapon mastery, all schools of magic, 60+ in combat stats and maxed archery. The pvp is very skill based to a point, but all in all you need a good acc to pvp.
i created the ??? emoji
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
I'm not a big fan of this kind of disoranized mass pvp where you require a maxed account to compete :/

your basing this mass unorganized thing 100% on that random video i found,
you don't need a maxed account, but you have to actually understand the game and have a few of the key spells.
i created the ??? emoji