Toribash
Original Post
Make A Successful Betting Server

Hello I am Devil, currently founder of TGOBets and I have seen many betting servers that either get abandoned because of low people, or just have no one betting. In this tutorial I will tell you basics to prevent that.

Basics
  • First, to attract more people into your betting server, always host a server when there are lots of people on. You can figure out how many people are on at the top right corner of the forums, this can help you figure out if enough are people are actually on to bet.

How to check current players on?

• Second, make the new room easy to type like "bets" "coolbets" "epicbets" and nothing something too complex. If you want to make a bet server by your name and its too big try to make it the first letter of your name and bets combined. For exp. Username= Deadmau567 Betservername= DBets.
  • Third, always remember to set the /desc and /motd. This helps people see what is going on in your server. /desc is what people see before joining your server. When they join they get /motd which is message of the day. You can put betframes in it or whatever you want. /desc should be "High betting here!" or "Bets with prizes" or anything associated with betting.
  • Fourth, you have to know what betframes and minbet are in order to host a server. Betframes are how many frames people have to bet before its locked and no one else can bet. Minbet is the minimum amount people can bet. People usually like minbet set at 100 which is default unless you are doing highstakes. People usually like betframes at 80, but 50 can be used to to prevent profit stealing
  • Setting Owner, Always remember to set a owner pass so you can get op whenever you want. To do this you must type /setowner (Passwordhere) and then use /owner (Passwordhere) to get op. This can be extremely helpful in case you ping or loose op.
  • Getting Rid Of Lag, Always remember to change /maxclients to a low number around 20-25 so that the server does not ping or ghost on you. If the server does ghost on you, create a new one.
  • Setting Mod, Most people prefer to use Aikidobigdojo.tbm as the betting mod, Aikido is fine too but it has less space for the players. Remember to pick a mod which requires skill so people are not truly just relying on luck.

Earning Revenue
Money can be earned if you are hosting a betting server via.
  • House, Type /house (Serverhost'sUsername), gives you 10% of players bets lost.
  • Nudges, Type /nudge (player) (pos), You can sell nudges at a decent rate to people who want to play fast.
  • Enterfee, /enterfee amount (MUST USE HOUSE FOR THIS), Gives you enterfee if you're really desperate for tc. You must put it in your motd, and inform everyone there is a enterfee to prevent scams.

Getting Players
  • Globaling, costs 5k if vip/10k if normal member, sends a broadcast throughout toribash server to advertise your betting server. Click to broadcast your server.
  • Decap Prize, Type /decapprize (Amount) to add a toricredits prize for the person that decapitates someone or fractures there head.
  • Dismember Prize, Type /dismemberprize (Amount) to add a toricredits prize for the person that dismembers a joint.
  • Maxrake, maxrake is what players get from some of the bets if they win. People usually stay for it and if you are really low on players you can set this via typing /maxrake (Amount) <-- 100000 Preferred.

This is all I have for now, ask any questions below and it will be added to the tutorial, if any changes need to be made post here, thanks for reading, and happy betting.
Last edited by WorldEater; Oct 28, 2017 at 03:46 PM.

Nice tutorial mate, very helpful.
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag, tuppence tuppence tuppence a baaaggg
My Avvy/Sig shop
I will be adding more pretty soon, I just need more to add to one section.

All of that is true.
For the /desc, to catch people's attention via colours, type ^(insert number here) (insert message here) and you will get a coloured message depending on the number. The number designates the colour.
"Always Extreme at heart."
I don't check the forums or go in-game anymore, I have quit.
Originally Posted by cozzakilll View Post
All of that is true.
For the /desc, to catch people's attention via colours, type ^(insert number here) (insert message here) and you will get a coloured message depending on the number. The number designates the colour.

Same for the motd. Nobody's gonna read a light gray message, since they tend to be join, quit or other unnecessary messages ;o
You've forgotten about /ownerpass (password) which is incredibly important for normal users, also setting /maxclients is helpful to keep lag down.
You also need to make a cool global.
Last edited by Tim; Sep 23, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
* MMDES222 ([email protected]) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me
Haven't seen anything new. But +rep for the tutorial.
Next time host atleast 100 bettings and then write a good guide with all "know how"
Hosted >3000 events b4 you even was born.
MY SUPER ART SHOP IS OPEN AGAIN
Yes I have only hosted one betting server.

Clearly you aren't quite active enough to see how many I host. :>

Thanks tim for the great suggestion, adding now.
Last edited by Devil; Sep 23, 2012 at 09:22 PM.