Toribash
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
I call it when I see it. If their "opinion" is just some transphobic other-ing, I'm going to call it transphobic. I don't throw them around loosely, it's just that society raises people to be transphobic, so most people are. It takes some effort to learn more and remove one's own subconscious transphobia. iTemp, you said some ignorant, hateful shit in chat the other day and now you're butthurt that I called you out for it, sorry hun.

I literally only said women who are trans tend to act so machoist and sometimes they overdo it, like how is that being transphobic or anything? It’s not like I’m literally shitting on their lives and telling them hey you can’t do this, because I say so. I’m literally just saying something as to how I see it
There is a massive difference in a trans person telling you what their identity is and a cis person making a shitty joke about gender identity. If cis people weren't going around making these jokes, we wouldn't have that problem to begin with. Nobody is fucking profiting from being trans, we're not lying about it.

also this contradicts what you said earlier completely
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
If you don't believe that a trans person is the gender they identify as (which is not for anyone but that individual to figure out), then you are indeed being transphobic.

you basically just said that (albeit loosely) even if its a joke if somebody says they are transgender you have to believe them 100% or you are transphobic

There is a massive difference in a trans person telling you what their identity is and a cis person making a shitty joke about gender identity. If cis people weren't going around making these jokes, we wouldn't have that problem to begin with. Nobody is fucking profiting from being trans, we're not lying about it.

right here you said that people cis people cannot joke about gender identity.

but if cis people can't joke about gender identity wouldn't that make you transphobic for disregarding their identity?
-----
wait this is basically just what stupidinator said
Last edited by Nurse; Nov 22, 2019 at 07:27 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
shelby#8266
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
also the problem isnt cis people joking about having fake identities.

the problem are people like you who dont care to take time to understand what is and what isnt transphobic, or how to explain things to people who wont understand, and just take it all the wrong way.

you are causing a way bigger problem than you should have
shelby#8266
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
I'm not causing any problems... people tell me that my identity is fake or doesn't exist everyday. I experience this bigotry regularly enough to necessitate writing this post.

you are just as bad parading around this thread calling everyone that looks at you funny transphobic
shelby#8266
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
To be fair, I myself have no problem with transgender or gay people. If they're cool about it and open to me with it, like they tell me which pronouns they would like me to use when speaking to them, I see no problem with doing so.
Also I want to touch on using "gay" in a negative connotation. I obviously don't think being gay is bad in any way, I see it more as a separate meaning to something being unfavorable. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gay people. I believe that you can say certain things without believing them/actively endorsing them.

Lastly, I see you Maya calling people transphobic in this thread quite a lot just because they're speaking their mind. If you feel like my logic above has it's flaws, I'd love if you pointed them out, but don't waste your time calling me homophobic or transphobic, because for one the fact that my ideals don't align with yours don't make me automatically, like, actually homophobic or transphobic. Secondly, how would you expect me to work on my ideals if you flag me as a transphobe after saying merely nothing about the given topic? I can't stress this enough, but if someone I don't know online engages in a discussion with me about these problems and just calls me transphobic, without contributing anything valuable to the discussion, I'm not gonna care. I'm just not. Why would I? It's like why did we even begin this discussion to begin with? It's like talking to a pre-teen kid and they tell you "You're dumb.", just because they just don't know how to respond.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
If you want to take time to voice your beliefs, do it with consideration and respect for others'. We're going to end up showing you just the same amount of cooperation, especially when you decide to put labels like "trans-phobic" on people.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
An honest opinion can be a transphobic one... the people in this thread that I called transphobic said things which invalidate the gender of trans people, which is transphobic by definition.

this is true yes but no one on this thread told you that you were wrong they just told you they didnt agree with you
shelby#8266
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify