Toribash
Original Post
[Tex]New Crysis Head

This is the picture I used as a reference.
http://appmodo.com/wp-content/upload.../04/crysis.jpg

C'n'C is welcome.
Last edited by hack; Jul 5, 2011 at 02:35 PM.
Thanks a lot. I am really proud of this head. I never new I could do it but I tried .
I love the results too.
initial impression looks good
nose area looks sunken in. thats the major thing that i notice. its pretty important that you get that fixxed up

smaller details that will make it pop:
face is set too low.
thecircles on the sides are supposed to cover your ears, the tops should be in line with where the eyes are.
the strap going from the mask should then wrap above those circles.

the mask looks pretty decent, but the back is pretty flat lacks the same attention to detail that darkjaks version has.
id have liked to see the top mapping nice and straight over the back, spending a little more time on mapping would have made this head just that much better.

a solid attempt nontheless
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Awful mapping of visor.
These... hmm... circles on both sides are too edgy.
Also shading on them is BAD. Also why they glow?
Sides are simple and unfinished.
And empty top kills everything.
6.5\10 Bro, improve faster.
Did you see the reference picture? I couldn't see the back or the end of the straps. No excuses though. Glow was failed shading that I should've fixed. Thanks for the point out.
I will fix the nose plate though.
Are you too lazy to find some another references? Don't complain if you are.
I am making Crysis head right now too, that's why it is interesting to compare my work with someone's else.

~user warned for being a tool
Last edited by BenDover; Jul 5, 2011 at 01:40 PM.
I said I wasn't trying to come up with an excuse. But seeing as we are on topic, I have been making heads for about a week. This is not the place for a competition of who has the better image I was just here to show my work. If you are just going to put me down, please leave. I am redoing major parts of the head as we speak and am fixing all these details. I am only here to improve. I asked for constructive criticism not how many things I got wrong but how I can improve.
Fixed a lot of the small problem details. Re-did nose plate and the circle plate on the side.
Last edited by hack; Jul 5, 2011 at 02:37 PM.