Toribash
Original Post
[Promo Team] Uke's Adventure - Art Competition (50k+ in prizes!)

Calling all artists! Uke is tired getting the crap beat out of him in the plain-white world of toribash! Help him get away!

Your Challenge: Help Uke go away on an adventure! Using a screenshot, render, drawing, etc. of him, place uke into an environment* different from the white world of Toribash. You may have him travel through time, space, alternate universes, other video games, stories... whatever you want!

*The alternative environment is meant to be another existing image. Do not draw/render/create your environment.

Your Reward:

First: 40K+10K = 50K TC!
Second: 10K+5K = 15K TC!
Third:5K TC!

Special thanks to evilperson for boosting the prizes so we could have a third place!

There may also be an honorable mention prize too... but we'll see

Entries will be judged on the following criteria.

Originality: How creative was your concept?
Blending: Is uke well immersed in the environment?
Fit and Finish: Does the entry look refined and cleanly done?
Extras: Particularly funny, interesting, epic, crazy, etc. entries will receive bonus points.

Rules:

1. Your entry MUST have some version of Uke in it! Tori and other users are optional.
2. Entries must be in a resolution of 800x600 pixels or less.
3. Only one posted entry allowed. If you post an entry and see a flaw, you may update it, but MUST be the same image theme and overall elements. No new images or ideas once you post your entry.
4. Follow basic artistic etiquette. If you borrow a significant element from someone, give a credit out of courtesy.
5.Your entry must be new content. No old pre-made pictures... they should be specific to this competition.

Entries in violation of any of these rules will not be judged.

Judges: Novitech, Mrama, and a 3rd that is TBA.

Deadline: All entries must be posted within the next two weeks. That is, two weeks from the date of this post, the competition will be over and we will decide the winners.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post here!

THIS EVENT IS CLOSED. STAY TUNED FOR THE WINNERS.

FIRST: itzluk3 - I think we all saw this coming. His image was clean, well blended, highly detailed, and quite interesting! Great job!

Second: D0R- This was a very funny entry. The uke had some color/blending issues, but was overall well thought out.

Third: Gubbin1 - this entry really captured what I was going for with the theme of the contest. Many people don't understand it, but for those of you who know the historical context, it's perfect for this theme. The blending was clean and uke fits very well into the image.

Last edited by Brainstorm; Apr 10, 2009 at 03:37 AM.
My entry.

Metal Gear Solid: Uke

If you don`t know what metal gear solid is, i suggest you search it on Youtube ;)
Helge Sverre - System Developer
https://helgesverre.com
Originally Posted by gamerbad View Post
My entry.

Metal Gear Solid: Uke

If you don`t know what metal gear solid is, i suggest you search it on Youtube ;)

that's epic

Man, i so wanna do this....

Just gotta put my halo set back on and POOF!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
that's epic

Man, i so wanna do this....

Just gotta put my halo set back on and POOF!

Ty
Not sure exactly what you mean KilleR0. Could you clarify?

Also, everyone else, evilperson has offered to boost the prizes! First place now gets 50k, Second gets 15k, and I've added a 5K third place! Gogogo!
Originally Posted by TheKIlleR0
how each player can post pictures?

You mean how many pictures one can post?

Originally Posted by Rules
3. Only one posted entry allowed. If you post an entry and see a flaw, you may update it, but MUST be the same image theme and overall elements. No new images or ideas once you post your entry.

At least I think that's what he's asking.

Anyway, all hail evilperson!
Last edited by joonveen; Mar 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Ok here is mine its called "In space no one can hear you die"
Last edited by sal911; Mar 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Originally Posted by sal911 View Post
Ok here is mine its called "In space no one can hear you die"
[Image Removed for lagging issues]

Nice, but you havent realy done much to it :P
Lol, I thought it was supposed to be Uke escaping from Tori. This might as well be Uke catching Tori wherever he escaped to and posing. :P

Still, the best entry I've seen so far IMO- good luck