Ranking
Original Post
Selling Textures
I have been making/ trying to sell textures, but i have two questions about that. First when people sell sets or heads they have something that says autobuy. What it that? Second is there a way i can convince people to buy my sets, no one ever does
Autobuy is a price where if someone pays it they automatically get the texture and if anyone else has bid for it they don't get it. Example:

Starting price: 15k
Minimum raise: 5k
Autobuy: 50k

As for convincing people to buy your sets, make it in a style people will like and they will buy it. Or respond to people's texture requests, that way you will know how to create it and in what style.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
make it in a style people will like and they will buy it. Or respond to people's texture requests, that way you will know how to create it and in what style.

umm no offense Marc but that's some of the worst advice you could give him/her.

As long as the quality is acceptable, originality is totally respected and encouraged and will give you big props.
Point being...read some tutorials and make some dope ass textures in whatever style you want. If they're good they'll sell.
Last edited by YARN; Sep 12, 2009 at 03:29 PM.
lol :(
Thats true yes, but a good starting point is to answer requests to the style people ask for. Do this until you have built a name for yourself. Then make your own style and they'll get attention. Good luck.