Ranking
Maaaaaaan, you just wont stop pumping put awesome will you?

Can't wait for the finished product.
Leader of ORMO||Property of [T]||A replay thread
You, good sir, are in trouble if you don't add an azerty version for those controls :B
Already told you everything else I had to say on IRC
Nice job shook, I've been aiming at a games devolopers position, but so far the most advanced thing i have been able to compile out of c# is a calculator -_-".
I've achieved about the same (probably less actually) with Python, so don't feel bad. :U

@Muffindo: Oh right, you silly AZERTY users. I'm pretty sure that QWERTY outnumbers AZERTY, but i guess i shouldn't be discriminatory like that. I think i've found a decent way of switching between the two layouts, because there's really only two keys i need to worry about. Keys like E and F are in the same place, and are prime candidates for special weapons.

@Splinter: Thanks brah. Don't hold your breath though, because i can't really make more than one level per day. Plus, my vacation in Spain is drawing near.

@MADrBOT: The upgrades will be implemented later. Things like achievements and secrets i'm not quite sure about, though.

@Ghiita: I'm glad you're enjoying it.

@Blam: You won't be needing faster gameplay when the higher difficulties get implemented. What you're currently playing is the equivalent of Normal, and i'm thinking of making 4 different difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard and Nightmare. If Hard doesn't challenge you enough, Nightmare will. Nightmare is the kind of difficulty that isn't even remotely fair, as you'll have problems with just plowing through a few lines of Wedges. If anyone completed the game on this difficulty, they'll get crazy respect in my book. =P

Anyways, current progress:
- Fixed the bug Chartle mentioned
- Working on QWERTY/AZERTY compatibility

uhh yeah. I'm also going to put on music, and make a neat credits list.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Was this inspired by mine and hobos attempt at a game? :P

Its looking great man,i cant wait to see the finished version.

If you want a hand with anything, sling me a PM, not sure what i can help with though
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Originally Posted by Bilza View Post
Was this inspired by mine and hobos attempt at a game? :P

Its looking great man,i cant wait to see the finished version.

If you want a hand with anything, sling me a PM, not sure what i can help with though

Wasn't that game developing idea only barely slipped out of #GC? I mean, basically noone knew about it, unless they went there. As far as I remember that is.

Also, nice one shook. This shit's difficult, and I bet you made all the gfx yourself as well?
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
shook was making the gfx for us Tapion ;)

and i recognize some ships from the batch he made us
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Oh, that's right. I only remembered some concept art on the ships that avwave or someone else created.

Also, Shook, are you using the lite version of Game Maker 8 or something like that?
Last edited by Tapion; Jun 27, 2010 at 08:43 PM.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
Yes indeed, all graphics are by me so far. I might need a hand later on with the large-scale art, but we'll see by then. Also, thanks.
Goddammit multi-ninjaing anyways i'm using the Pro edition. Very nice, but i haven't actually used a lot of the Pro features. =P

@Bilza: Perhaps a bit surprisingly, this idea just came out of the blue, not really inspired by anything in particular. The aliens, however, are the ones i would originally have made for your game, which is probably what tipped you off. :U
And yes, that means you'll eventually encounter this ship and this ship. The latter is likely to have an instakill weapon (have you seen the SIZE of that gun?!), so i may change its coloration to red. But why red? Because red is typically a color associated with danger. And i'd say that an instakill weapon is equal to danger.

@Splinter: Noice. I'm not sure i can beat that without cheating. :U
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol