Ranking
Original Post
[HELP] Mini Course
So I would put this under the category of [REL] but I would never do you guys dirty like that.
This is the first time I have opened mod maker in about a year or two. SO keep that in mind while ripping me to shreds <3
I really want to get into mod making again because I feel like the community needs more mods to play.
They are starving for them.
So with the CnC I get I will eventually be making full mods. But for now I am just messing about and testing things.
Please gimme dat juicy cnc much love '3'
Also, how do you make spinning blades like on the raid the tomb maps?
Attached Files
MiniCourse.tbm (2.8 KB, 22 views)
Doesn't look like it would be very exciting to play, very tame. Try being more bold, flat and straight are generally adjectives you want to keep out of your parkour mods.
These exact obstacles have been used a million times before and they got old about 7 years ago.
Just playing around with the scale and rotation sliders can be a good way to discovery unique obstacles, otherwise I recommend watching parkour videos or moviescenes for inspiration.

I would also advise against using upwards stairs as an obstacle it tends to be a hassle and a chore to get through, at least for me personally. I usually try to limit vertical movement to leap or climbing obstacles, ie a rocky mountainside or jumping to reach a high rope. Ramps and stairs generally suck to play around.

Can't say much about it lookwise because it's obviously an incredibly early wip but try staying away from full greys. Unless it is part of a mods theme(for example a metal enviorment such as a factory, and even then you should incorporate other shades into the objects) greys are very boring to look at which for me makes the mod boring to play and the replays boring to look at.

My first mods were very similair to this one, a floating and straight track with red obstacles. People might have bought that 5 years ago but today players expect a bit more.

Visualize what you want to create before you start working. Give your mod a theme, instead of setting out just to make "a parkour map" set out to make a jungle parkour map, or a rooftop parkour map, makes things a lot more interesting to play and look at and also more fun to create

Very keen on seeing what you can create, keep working

Thank you Jisse I was very much hoping you were gonna cnc me <3
I think my next move is to make a Rockside even though you said to stay away from this, I think it would help me understand making more unique edged shapes.
Anyways cnc is always much appreciated from guys like you Jisse.
I think you missunderstood me, mountainsides are great. What I'm saying is I try to avoid obstacles that force you to move in a 20 to 70 degree angle, ie a staircase of 45 degrees as in your mod. It often forces players to use some kind of weird running/climbing hybrid and its very awkward to play in my opinion. I like the keep running and climbing separate as a player and hence as a modmaker.

Glad you appreciate it but please don't bootlick me I have a girlfriend

Also it's against the rules not to post screenshots of your mod in the OP. Keep that in mind or the gestapo will get you