Ranking
Original Post
Fixing Tourney Farming
A way you could fix tourney farming is making it so there can only be 1 person in a tourney with a certain router/IP. Something like if someone tries to log in with 2 computers they get kicked with a message like "Someone with your IP is already in this room, please try again later". But idk, just an idea.
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
Originally Posted by MrRobson View Post
Why dont you scrap tc all together, if you want a texture set you should have to buy with real money.
I think that is a really good idea. Like you could pay 0.001 cents for orc, 5$ for a texture set and ect.

Not everyone has means to do this. toribash is for everyone that would single out people
[TA]¤[Clan]¤[bncy]¤[eVo]¤[Fish]
¤Team Wushu Tier 5 ¤
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

Originally Posted by scorpionma View Post
jorrel if you have 2 men 1 is rich and 1 is poor
and you wanna give someone money who will you give ?
sure the poor one! cause the rich one don't need the money!
same here rich people dont need more tc they got more than they need! so let them stop!

You're not giving the TC, you're earning it.
What if you'd earn less money from tourneys the more money you have?
People would find it less worth to farm. People who wants more money could bet or duel.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Scorpion if you have good stats and a good rank and belt that shouldn't mean you can't compete. The best player should win. Only skill can help you.
( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) eat clen tren hard, anavar give up
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
People would find it less worth to farm. People who wants more money could bet or duel.

That's not fair :<

Just because people have lots of TC doesn't mean he has to earn less.
i think first we got to make people with 50k tc like banned from the toruneys because they got a lot of money !
and 9thdan because they will beat all the players
they make another account?
they cant join because maybe we ban their ip!
now for the multi clinting everone has multi client-ed we ban them from tourney for like 1 week
how to know if they are multiclienting?
maybe giving the players in tourneys the command /status
this would be really helpful!

That would actually be the exact opposite of helpful. What if players with 50k TC are saving up to forge their own flame? Or buy any high TC items like Void, Hunter, Static, Demon, Elf, ect. Were are they gonna get the TC? Not everyone knows how to market, like me for example, so we can do tourneys.

And not all Black belts and up are good, it just means they play a lot. You get higher belts based on how many games you play, not how much you win them. So you could have a 9th Dan that has like a 25% win ratio, meaning they're probably pretty bad at the game.

I see low belts winning tourneys all the time, so there's really no need for you to complain about people with higher belts than you beating you.
-----
On another note, I wouldn't mind being a tourney GM. I'm on Toribash most of the day anyway.
-----

That would kill tourneys entirely, a lot of people already complain at how little you get from tourneys.
-----
jorrel if you have 2 men 1 is rich and 1 is poor
and you wanna give someone money who will you give ?
sure the poor one! cause the rich one don't need the money!
same here rich people dont need more tc they got more than they need! so let them stop!

Have you ever considered that maybe they're saving up for something specific? Everyone should have equal chances at getting TC, which they do now, some just lack the skill or knowledge needed to complete the task.

Like me, I'm trying to get 850k so I can get the rest of the stuff I want for my Tori.

Just cause someone has a lot of TC doesn't mean they don't need it.
-----
Originally Posted by JorreI14 View Post
Perhaps a moderator to oversee the tourneys?

That actually seems like a good idea to me. Maybe a couple moderators per timezone to watch over all the tourneys? I wouldn't mind having that job, seeing as most of the day I'm playing Toribash anyway.
Last edited by Sparta; Jan 20, 2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by SpartaCraft
That would kill tourneys entirely, a lot of people already complain at how little you get from tourneys.

My point is that you can get the starting money for duels and bets in tourneys.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
My point is that you can get the starting money for duels and bets in tourneys.

Some people don't know how to bet effectively, so again, that would only help some of the community.
We need something that everyone can do and has a chance of getting something out of it, which is tourneys.
Last edited by Sparta; Jan 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM.