Ranking
Original Post
LAN Play
so ok basically i have two questions...

1) i know that ur basically not able to create your own server to use for lan play for example anymore but why the heck does it still say

Originally Posted by FAQ.txt
4. How do I set up my own server?
Download the toribash-server from the frontpage. You need a Linux machine to run it on. Windows version of the server are scheduled for 2.0 release.

in the FAQ.txt which comes with the new (3.69) version

2) where did the servers.txt go? i used to edit my servers.txt so i had only servers in there on which i liked to play, how to do that now? o.o

thanks in advance ;)
1. Yeah, the docs are in need of a slight update ;)

2. It's not used anymore, since the majority of servers are dynamic the file wouldn't make any sense. The only static servers are the beginner/intermediate/semi-pro/pro rooms (and a handful of others).

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
so that means, if i want to play in lan i have to use 3.2 for example, since there still was a servers.txt
AFAIK 3.x didn't connect to the lan servers due to changes in networking.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
na, i had a 3.2 lan server running ;) it works^^ its a little tricky but it works if you know what you have to do
but i quitted playing some time ago and now i wanted to start again. so i downloaded the newest version and wanted to use this version on the next lan now, but w/e then i'll stick to 3.2 for LAN playing^^
Last edited by Sedit; Dec 25, 2008 at 12:07 PM.
Hmmm, well if it works you should be able to use up to 3.4 with it.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I can't remember which version it switched on - either 3.4 or 3.5

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
so i checked the news section and the last version with a servers.txt in it was 3.32 so i guess ill have to stick to this version for my LAN tournaments^^
Last edited by Sedit; Dec 25, 2008 at 12:59 PM.