Ranking
Originally Posted by WickedHayo View Post
That's just your opinion.
What gives you the right to label a band as 'awful' when millions of others disagree.
I doubt you can even call yourself a metalhead if you don't respect Slayer.
You're just a conformist poser.
I enjoy most, if not all genres of metal, anything from nu-metal to grindcore.
You seem to be trapped in a corner, almost exclusively listening to progressive black metal.
Open your mind, my friend.

Also, getting back on-topic, I'd recommend listening to some Power-Metal to test the water.

Try Blind Guardian or PowerWolf.

1. I do not think it's my opinion, I think they are actually worse than a lot of other metal bands. They just do not write as good of songs. Their drumming and riffs and song structures are usually just boring. It's completely fine if people enjoy listening to their music, and if a lot of people like them. But just because a lot of people disagree with me and think they're amazingly good does not mean there is no truth of the matter, or that I'm wrong. It's a fallacious claim...

2. I do not call myself a "true metalhead". I like many genres of music, not just metal, and I think it would be silly to listen to metal exclusively, or call myself a metalhead. So I don't really think I would count as a "poser" because I am not claiming that I'm some kind of metal arbiter. Also, I don't really get what makes you call me conformist, or what the word is even supposed to mean? If you mean that I choose what music to listen to for how it affects my appearance to others, well... I don't even have any friends who like most of the music I like, and I'm pretty asocial so I don't know why I would want to make others think I'm cool because of my music taste. I just listen to bands that I enjoy listening to. Jeez, you don't have to throw out these personal attacks because I said slayer is bad. Are you sure you are not the person trying to be cool or "conformist" to impress someone else?

3. Only two of the 19 bands I listed are even black metal, and like I said I can enjoy many genres. Metal is only about 1/4 of my music collection, and black metal is like 1/10 of my metal collection... so your comment about that was kind of weird, I think my mind is very open to new music. Having an open mind doesn't mean I have to like some silly thrash bands that are boring to listen to.

4. Wait, are you suggesting to me or the thread starter to listen to some power metal? Well, either way, I like some power metal... Kamelot and Symphony X are good. I do not like the ones you suggested though, sorry.
-----
Originally Posted by Tamashii View Post
Gojira, yes.
Opeth, yes.

The rest, have no idea... Yet.

Where's Dream Theater?

Actually I do kind of like some Soilwork, at least A Predator's Portrait.

Dream Theater is sometimes good at songwriting, but the texture isn't really what I like. I like the thicker and colder sounds of Isis and Rosetta.
Last edited by Clockwork8; Jul 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I recommended those two bands for Simo - hence the 'getting back on topic'.
You probably should've PM'd me all of that, I probably would have read it then.
Originally Posted by Tamashii View Post
I don't like Slayer, but that's only because of they'r vocal, if Slayer was isntrumental, or had a different vocalist... I would totally listen to them.

Try listening to Grip Inc.
Its a parallel job which Slayer's drummer, Dave Lombardo did, just fuckingzawesome.

Originally Posted by 2010simoDK View Post
I want to discover new bands, someone recommended me some metal song? I prefer the nu metal and heavy metal.

I'm going to post here some stuff too.

Machine Head
Mudvayne
Soulfly
Sepultura (The old Sepultura, everything before 1996)
Cavalera Conspiracy
Mad Dragzter
Voivod
Mnemic

Kvelertak "black metal from Norway, fuck the police"

Not going too much prog here.
This is some from what I think you would like. Good luck searching something among all these suggestions.

/offtopic

Sorry Clockwork, but this just blowed up my mind.

Originally Posted by Clockwork8 View Post
1. I do not think it's my opinion, I think they are actually worse than a lot of other metal bands.

This just doesn't look right.
Giving an opinion about how your opinion is not an opinion.
Last edited by Carnage; Jul 13, 2012 at 04:21 AM.
Originally Posted by WickedHayo View Post
You're just a conformist poser.

I couldn't stop laughing after reading this. Clockwork8 is my new favorite person.

After The Burial
Between The Buried And Me
Corelia
The Contortionist
Ever Forthright
Painted In Exile
Wretched
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
Thanks to all for these new groups, I'll spend a lot of time to listen to all anyway I think that maybe WickedHayo has not posted the best bands and more popular because certainly I'd have known them. I think they are listenable, the slayer already know them and I like them even if they aren't one of my favorite bands.
2010simoDK, the legend is back
Italians do it better
clockwork8 keep it up

also terra tenebrosa
Mosier: tl;dr gay clothing thoughts
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
This just doesn't look right.
Giving an opinion about how your opinion is not an opinion.

And here you are giving your opinion about what my statement says? No, you're stating a proposition and it's just false. Just saying "I think" as part of the sentence does not make the statement "subjective" or an opinion. They are still propositions that may be true or false. Well, I'm done with this silliness either way.
/offtopic

What I said before was based on something you have wrote, something solid, which independently the person point view would be the same.
Something that was instigated through the words you said based on the dictionary meaning with everybody follows.

So nope, it's not false.

Although what you said was based on your point of view, your subjective, your opinion from what would be the ideal, what would be the best, which is different from each person to each person because people are different.

So yep, saying your thoughts aren't an opinion, it's false.

Thoughts comes from the subjective, comes from who you are, from your being, from your private world and not from external sources that can be logically embedded.

Thought according with psychology.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Thought generally refers to any mental or intellectual activity involving an individual's subjective consciousness.

Obviously what you said was out from this general and you just hid all the game to us by just saying "I think".

Thoughts according with philosophy is a synonym for idea. What is an idea?

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
An idea is a concept or mental impression.

Concepts, mental impressions, hmmm...

If you think you're the holder of the utopic vision of perfection, from making an absolute logic scheme to lead to the godly music embedded with external magic sources which explayin by a+b that certain kind of music "or way of playing" is the absolutely the right one, oh well, I can say now how a big dumbass you are.

Taking Slayer as example.

I can't prove that Slayer is horrible because I think that Slayer is horrible. Its just a belief I have that that Slayer is horrible, identifying this action as an opinion, which can have an entire logical base, but that can't be held as real for everybody. Why? Because people are different, feels different things and have differents bases to call what is good music and what is worse or not.
How can I describe horrible music? I can describe horrible music according with me and my subjective.
But of course, I can say Slayer sucks, I can give good reasons, I can make people agree with me, but that won't be more than an opinion with a basement.

So, that can be an entirely truth, or false, for you, as a reality, a certain, but only for you, not for the entire group, which will identify what you said as an opinion, an representation from what is real for you, which can, or not, be false according what is real for the group and what is really real; this last one being a constant doubt because it's something almost "unachievable".

Any kind of answer by PM, please.
Last edited by Carnage; Jul 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Ha, Slayers bad. You know what I've learned listening to music? Is that nothing is truly that bad. You were either exposed to a shitty band and that alone gave you a predisposition against metal, which for most people it's not liking it at all.

If you asked me how much I like metal, I would probably say I love metal, but many, many, many, many upon many bands suck ass. It's my preference, but they ALL do having something cool to them. As a band as a whole I can sometimes they aren't that great, but if you listen to them individually you may earn a new respect. Or the sheer atmosphere the band creates or what they can create with each other. Trading a rhythm guitarist for a current rhythm guitarist changes the dynamics of their music.

If you truly love music you have to be open minded especially when making it. As long as you're learning something new in the Science of Music