Ranking
Buying shit ISN'T pointless. Piracy never has the same feeling as getting a real album/dvd with a movie. Same with games. You don't care about even clearing it if you just dl it. Buy it, and you'll spend blood, sweat and tears to clear it.

Oh also, I think this thread is ok as long as you guys avoid linking shit to eachother or discussing sites. This is just a discussion on what's right and wrong. I'll ask around for clearance though.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
Originally Posted by Dalir View Post
Buying shit ISN'T pointless. Piracy never has the same feeling as getting a real album/dvd with a movie. Same with games. You don't care about even clearing it if you just dl it. Buy it, and you'll spend blood, sweat and tears to clear it.

qft etc.

I pirate some things, but that's just because some games are ridiculously over-priced, when they're not even that good. Like Fallout 3.

I usually also get more fun out of something I bought rather than pirated. I guess the fact that I've paid money for something makes me want to play the shit out of it untill I've done almost everything.
Originally Posted by 931bw View Post
-You have to logon to Steam everytime you want to play the game (including offline login)... What happened to the old days where you don't have to login to play your game. It's a waste of time and effort

It's really not a waste of time or effort. Steam is more then just a launcher. You can contact friends, see what games they are in and then join them and such. It is pretty much exactly the same as say loading up xfire or something similar, but with the option to buy games, keep your games up to date, get demos, see the latest news and such.

-Credit cards are only for rich people. Not everyone has credit cards. In order to have a credit card, you have to time-deposit a huge amount of money in the bank as collateral. And the moment you cannot pay your dues, they will threaten you by phone or by mail that they will sue you and take all your belongings. Credit Cards Are Evil

Ok the second part is misleading and I can't be arsed to get into credit cards and such but the main moral is simply don't overspend. It may be tempting but if you over spend, your the only one to blame.

-Steam is no different from SecuROM. There are always privacy issues because Steam monitors user activity (VAC monitors player's activity to detect trainers and it can be used to scan the system's memory). The only difference between Steam and SecuROM that they added a few "enhancements" that will not look like it is a DRM. But DRM is DRM. DRM is Evil. Everyone should boycott all kinds of DRM. To boycott DRM, Support Piracy/Filesharing. Period.

For not having an offline steamless DRM-less version, I will not buy games.

It's the creators rights to do whatever they want with their product. Telling people to boycott all kinds of DRM by pirating games is stupid. The more you pirate the more strict DRM will get.

Steams DRM is hardly scrict at all. It restricts steam only games / games you buy through steam to one account which is fine. It doesnt stop you from playing the game at a friends house or whatever.

Games like spore with DRM where you can only install a game x times is the bad kind of DRM, because there are many reasons you would need to install a game many times but this kind of DRM is from people like you who decide to download every game.

(Sorry if this post is a bit dodgey, I was watching scrubs while writing it)
:D
Originally Posted by PlayerID57 View Post
Remember piracy saves your pocket.
It's okay to buy movies, but who the hell could give 30$ for each game?
I think piracy is not that illegal.

lol 30$ try 60$ my friend >.< it is rediculous but they jack up the prices so they can make enough money BECAUSE OF THE PIRATES!
Robert A. Heinlein: "Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny."
In Lithuania counter strike source cost around 70$ and in steam 10-20$ see..
i haven't credit card so what to do?
None of you understand business? Credit cards are the best thing to ever happen. What if you had a genius idea on how to make a machine that will pay for itself within one month, but you only have 1/2 the money you need to make it? CREDIT! The problem with credit cards are that they are quite public now and for most of them, they don't use it correctly. Credit cards are to spent on assets that will give a net positive return on your money spent, whether it be a month of 10 years. Most people nowadays use credit cards on liabilities. Get a new car on a credit card? Guess what happens to the worth of that car in a few years. Down down down, depreciation. Wrong use of a credit card.

What people should be doing is using a debit card, one that debits from your savings account. It's just a convenient way to withdraw/use money from your general accounts, that's all.
get an evil creditcard and dedicate it to only buying steam Products
Originally Posted by dbuhos View Post
Who the heck does...

People who aren't children and who know how to use one responsibly.

Originally Posted by PlayerID57 View Post
I think piracy is not that illegal.

umm....what?

And as a few people mentioned, you can use debit cards too ya bunch of geniuses. Those are cards like credit cards but they withdraw straight from your checking account instead of wracking up credit. And I repeat, if you're responsible with your credit card and don't buy things you can't afford to pay off on it you won't have these issues...your mommies and daddies who ran you into debt because of credit cards clearly just don't know how to handle money.
Last edited by hidingwarior; Jun 26, 2009 at 06:20 PM.
i usually buy movies and games. but sometimes when i wan't to test a game i download it illegally and if it is good i just delete it and buy the game. If it sucks i just delete it. For movies i download some movies that ain't out yet in Finland to see them. But only the most interesting new movies that i can't buy yet.

And i think piracy shouldn't be illegal if it is only for private use.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
Originally Posted by aerox21 View Post
And i think piracy shouldn't be illegal if it is only for private use.

Lol that made absolutely no SENCE Dude do you not understand the person who uploads the Illegal copies is clearly not using it privately. they are DISTRIBUTING it to people like u so what u say meens you wouldnt be able to get anything cause u are getting it from non Private use sources DOY!