Ranking
Original Post
+Textures, Some heads show, Some heads do not
Feel free to post links to proper threads if I haven't found them.

But the title says it. Some textures on other people show, heads, and other stuff. Sometimes it is just the default head show they purchased it. I did not really notice it much, except from people commenting on people textures and me not seeing them. No biggie.

The reason I am now bringing it up is I uploaded a head texture and it is not visible to me. I previewed it first, so toribash does view it. It is an uncompressed TGA. It is activated in my inventory. It does show on the dress-up doll in the inventory.

So why do some show, and others do not? Now that I am paying attention to this I notice that some times people seem to be missing textures. This does not seem to be an intentional style, just that I can't view them.

I am running toribash native linux 3.5.
My question may relate to versions, if so I would like to know why. And not just a flat answer of run toribash 3.8 in wine.
The answer is that the texture system got changed after 3.8 so the old clients cant show textures like they should.

You wont be able to see textures in older clients then 3.8, I suggest using Wine and getting 3.8 or 3.84

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

I figured that.

I should of phrased my question better.

The question is two parts:

First you answered thank you.

The second is why I can see some heads, but not others.
I can see some full body textures, and heads, while others I cannot. That puzzles me.

Figured out some of the reason I can't see some textures. They just are not downloading. If I manually add the textures to the custom folder, they are visible.

Okay problem partially solved. It is just some problem with downloading the textures. I came up with a "simple" command to correct this, there probably is a more elegant way, but hey this works for my linux:
run from the toribash folder

./toribash 2>&1 | sed -n 's/.*http/http/p' | awk '{ system("wget " $1 " -O " $2) }'
I will continue to pick at it to come up with something that isn't as hackish.
Last edited by aslask; Jan 10, 2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Triple post
Go here, activate your head texture and upload the picture.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!