ES Recruitment Drive

Timezone (GMT +- X): +10

Computer Related Knowledge: I'm not a computer wiz, but I know a lot of little things that other average joes don't, so I would say above average, but not too above average.

Why do you want to be a Computer Chat Moderator?: Personally, I think I could help with most of the simple problems and I would be able to moderate effectively which would, in turn, make "Computer Chat" a better place.

What you wish to change/improve/impact in the Computer Chat forum?: Just make this sub-forum a happier place to chat about computers. People shouldn't be scared to come in and ask about their computers etc.

lol
Timezone: GMT -5
Computer Related Knowledge: I've been a computer enthusiast since my cousin dragged me into the hobby when I was about 12 years old. Ever since then I've been tinkering and building PC's. I would say my knowledge of computers is above average.
Why do you want to be a Computer Chat Moderator?: I enjoy moderation, chatting, and I also enjoy computers.
What you wish to change/improve/impact in the Computer Chat forum?: I would like to see a fairly comprehensive set of stickies established, for example: a general PC building guide, lists of recommended free software, and if we get far enough, we could begin giving reviews of hardware and software that we use.

Timezone: -5

Computer Knowledge: I know quite a bit about computers. I built my own, and I hang out with Stonewall quite a bit and he knows a lot about this stuff.

Why do you want to be a Computer Chat Moderator?: I am willing to help. I've moderated boards before. I like computers too.

What you wish to change/improve/impact in the Computer Chat forum?: I would like to have a system for thread titles depending on what type of questions the person is asking. Maybe a tag in front the title of the thread, like the art boards.

Timezone: GMT 0

Computer Knowledge: I would say I have an above average knowledge of computers. This includes working in real fault finding environments. I have a good understanding of building computers, I am currently in my second year of college studying computing.

Why do you want to be a Computer Chat Moderator?: I feel, I have a good amount of moderation experience and would be able to help this board start a successful life. I enjoy moderation work, I'm trying my best to pick up local mod positions here and there and would quite enjoying moderating this board.

What you wish to change/improve/impact in the Computer Chat Forum?: I would start by arranging well organised stickies explaining the purpose and rules of the forum. I would then working on promoting the forum as a good place to come for advice or technical help.

Timezone (GMT +- X):

Computer Related Knowledge:
Well, I am starting collage next year and I am going for a computer science degree, form there I hope to get my masters in programming/CS. I have been building computers since age 13, I have always had a passion for technology, and I would say that my knowledge is vast. I also have well over 3k posts on Tech forums, if you want I could link you my profile on there.

Why do you want to be a Computer Chat Moderator?:
I would like to become a computer Chat Moderator to help others, I feel that people here are not getting the help the deserve, granted this isn't a site strictly for computer help, yet I would like to make it more reliable then it is.

What you wish to change/improve/impact in the Computer Chat forum?:
In the Computer Chat forum I wish to change what people think about the computer section, get rid of spam, and make it a more reliable/trustworthy place to get the right answers you want when you need them =)
Last edited by Zellpheo; Nov 19, 2009 at 07:08 PM.
SuicideDo - Dorrie stands for
Damn Outrageous Reefer Ripping Instrument Extreme
Applications closed, we (jalis and I) will consider who is the best choice.
:D
Oh sup Hopea got it, Jalis assures me he's the right choice.
:D