x512 bumpmaps and texture trails
basically this type of textures have been left at the standard x128
for so long,i think the difference in file size would be minimal so
the directory would not get huge,it would be a nice visual upgrade
and it could also work as a TC sink since in the beginning
only the shop would have them.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by dabarrett View Post
There is full body so why the lack of joints, it is a little strange to see the detail and depth bump maps add next to the joint which in comparison seems a little lackluster

and bumpmap for joints
Last edited by nikosefs; Sep 28, 2016 at 10:31 AM. Reason: changed title
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
i asked because there was an assumption that the server won't be able
to handle the extra size(or something along those lines)

IMO it's no different to when people have extra texture items with images on them for "storage", the space is going to end up used eventually anyway.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
k so,what is required code-wise to make this happen?
i don't know much about coding,but could it be something simple
like copying the 128 code and just changing some numbers or
does it require making it from scratch?
Well, it all depends.

There's a 90% chance that higher resolution bumpmaps already work in the client, but you'd have to test it by manually making some high res ones and dumping them in your custom folder.

I'm pretty sure they should still work unless they went out their way to manually disable them.

If they work ingame then it'd just mean items need made, and sever space would need checked to ensure there's enough to handle it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Well, it all depends.

There's a 90% chance that higher resolution bumpmaps already work in the client, but you'd have to test it by manually making some high res ones and dumping them in your custom folder.

done x)

Ok so could someone tell me what just happened? Like, was anything changed in the game between now and 5 days ago? Bc Nikos is that a pic of a bumpmap 512 and a 128 bumpmap? I don't understand. No new items were added to the game - in your latest screenshot what are you comparing? There's only one bumpmap res so what was it that you changed between tori's head and uke's head? Do forgive me but my brain seems just a little off today.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
yes nothing has changed,i just dumped the 512 bumpmap in my custom
folder,i just have both in the image for comparison,128 in the left,
512 in the right,now the next step is:

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post

If they work ingame then it'd just mean items need made, and sever space would need checked to ensure there's enough to handle it.

ultra bump.

so can this be done?
512 bumpmaps work ingame and a year has passed,what
is the holdup?
I really want to see this implemented as well. bumpmap joint textures work fine too, we just need them purchasable in the shop.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it