Intel i5-7600k
10 Votes / 45.45%
AMD Ryzen 1600x
12 Votes / 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
i5-7600k or Ryzen 5 1600x?
I have 2 CPU's in mind that I want to buy but I don't know which one.

1. Intel Core i5-7600k
2. AMD Ryzen 5 1600x

Which one would you pick and why?
Depends on your usage. If you only game go for the i5
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Pros and cons of each chip:-

AMD Ryzen 1600X:-
3.6 GHz @ 6 Cores, 12 Threads, Turbo 4 GHz, 16MB Cache, 65W TDP
Pros:-
) A great alternative for better workflow than the I5.
) One of the best game and live streaming line up currently in the market.
) More cores - the 1600x has 2 more cores, 8 more threads and double the amount of cache the 7600k has.
) As all of the Zen processors are unlocked, so you can gain extra 100-200 MHz by overclocking through BIOS or the AMD Ryzen Master program. The lower TDP gives Ryzen even further room for overclocking.*

Cons:-
) Lower clockspeed means it's not going to be that great at gamnig.
) Less RAMs and cooling soltuins are compatible with the Ryzen family as of now, compared to Intel's Kaby Lake family.
) No integrated graphics in the chip.

Intel I5 7600K:-
3.8 GHz @ 4 Cores, 4 Threads, Turbo 4.2 GHz, 6MB Cache, 91W TDP
Pros:-
) Higher clock speed and turbo speed, making it better at gaming and some Adobe programs compared to Ryzen.
) Better compatibility accross the board, so cheaper RAM and Motherboard options are available.
) Has integrated graphics card.
) All K chips are unlocked and are overclockable.*

Cons:-
) Lower core count, so it falls back compared to Ryzen when it comes to productivity(video editing, 3D sculpturing etc)
) Not as great at live streaming as Ryzen is.
) Higher TDP.

Personally I'd recommend going for AMD Ryzen 1600X if you are in a budget while wanting to own a computer that is capable of doing somewhat heavy workload, like video editing or live streaming. Otherwise, if you game a lot without doing workloads or multitasking that often, then go for the 6600K, 6700K or even the 7600K - 6600K is a better value chip out of the three, but it is your choice.
I built my newest computer with a Ryzen 1700 chip as it offered a great bang for the buck, and it is a 8 cores 16 threads monster so it makes me capable of doing a bunch of things in Blender and video editing in After Effects and having them minimized while playing GTA V with no problem at all.

* = Make sure to have a better cooling solution, like water, as these chips can run hot.
Originally Posted by Mongius View Post
Depends on your usage. If you only game go for the i5

I will be gaming and also be using some Adobe Programs.

Originally Posted by Nokia View Post
Personally I'd recommend going for AMD Ryzen 1600X if you are in a budget while wanting to own a computer that is capable of doing somewhat heavy workload, like video editing or live streaming. Otherwise, if you game a lot without doing workloads or multitasking that often, then go for the 6600K, 6700K or even the 7600K - 6600K is a better value chip out of the three, but it is your choice.
I built my newest computer with a Ryzen 1700 chip as it offered a great bang for the buck, and it is a 8 cores 16 threads monster so it makes me capable of doing a bunch of things in Blender and video editing in After Effects and having them minimized while playing GTA V with no problem at all.

* = Make sure to have a better cooling solution, like water, as these chips can run hot.

Thanks for your opinion and I already got a Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo hopefully it's enough.

Originally Posted by Sirss View Post
buy coffeelake bruh

Money is tight, got two jobs right now and I'm not bothered to save more money for Coffelake.
The best part about owning a Ryzen chip is the ability to upgrade on the line - the AM4 socket supports all* Zen processors up to Ryzen 7 1800X.
Due to the high demand of the cheaper Ryzen chips on the market, like the Ryzen 3 and Ryzen 5, you can easily sell your used 1600/1600X on a nearby store or on eBay, and with a bit more, you can get a 1700. The Ryzen 7 1700 is comparable to an I7 6950X; a chip that costs $1,000 more than the 1700, yet only delivers about 35% more performance...not really a great investment for a chip that only has two more cores and a higher turbo speed than the 1700(a diminishing return).
Here, watch a few videos that includes thoughts from the bigger tech YouTubers about the newest chips, including benchmarks.

tl;dr: Buy any Ryzen chip and you can upgrade up to 1800X later in the future. For productivity, the I7 6950X offers 35% more performance than the Ryzen 7 1700 but it costs $1,000 more.
* = Threadripper has the socket TR4 instead of AM4 so it is not compatible with AM4 boards.
Last edited by Nokia; Dec 19, 2017 at 03:13 AM.
I don't know too much about this topic but here's something to consider... and this is from what I've heard as well so correct me if I'm wrong.

As long as heat isn't an issue, Ryzen is fine because it is cheaper. Intel processors tend to run a lot cooler than AMD and process the same or more amounts of information.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
I got the ryzen 1600x about a month ago, enjoying it a lot. Fast, smooth and can't really complain.