Ranking
Original Post
How do I even
build a custom computer? Like how do I see what motherboard can use what cpu and shiz liek that? Is there like an online thingy where I can just pick the cpu gpu ram and then they say ok you need this case this mobo and w/e?

I don't have money now I just need to know.
Um research research research. Make sure the socket on your mobo fits your CPU, make sure the ram is the right type (ddr2 vs ddr3)

make sure the case fits the motherboard type. The gpu can't be too long for your case. The psu should be large enough with maybe 100 watts to spare if the budget is higher. I'd get a modular psu for cable management. Get extra fans cuz most cases don't come with enough unless you buy the expensive ones. I'd suggest a new CPU cooler. I like the h50 personally. And don't forget the operating system.

If you are a bit lazy, go to a building site like ibuypower, make a pc then list the parts they have made for you and buy them yourself. If you don't have much exoerience, you can just get them to build it for you. The idfference in price may be a hundred bucks or so. Maybe more, but nothing like the difference if you buy from a mainstream company.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
what DarkJak said it very good advice. Another thing you could do is just give us a price range and what kind of games you want to play on it etc and I could whip up a build for you. You always have to be careful putting it together though. I could kind of walk you through it however
<Shlimby> lol, no Ad, just stop seeing those melons
<ADTerminal> Sure
<Shlimby> and dont take them into ur bed at night
<ADTerminal> But it's where I keep them warm