Toribash
Original Post
BASIC Language
To start here's the website: DarkBASIC Pro

I already have it and everything, but I'd like some help.
Basically, I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with the language itself, and might wanna throw a few pointers, or even help me make a 'basic' game.

If not, no worries, I know its not to popular.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

Originally Posted by may0naise View Post
If not, no worries, I know its not to popular.

Technically not true, it's just not common for commercial stuff.

Not something I've used since the late 90s though, debugging it's a nightmare and you have to manually make fall-back modes for hardware that can't do something your app uses.

I know the main language is 'free' now, but unless you fork out a load of cash for some of the addons don't expect it to be as easy to use as they claim - unless you're planning on something really simple.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Well i have some of the add-ons. Right now i only have cartography shop(make 3d environments) and plant life(make plants..), but as far as I'm concerned if i want to make a game that's 90% of what i need besides the coding and characters.
I do want to make something simple,like a 2d platformer, but eventually keep improving it, or use it as a gateway to learn more and understand the language more, which will lead to better games.
And if i really need an add-on and i understand the language more, i can buy some of the add-ons

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

I remember BASIC! It was my first language ever to code in... good times, good times...
I once made a asciimation in basic... but i wont dare post it due to its suckyness... it was about vampires, back before Twilight movies ever made them disgustingly homosexual.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mammary Gland Holders of the Humanoid Lifeforms Commonly Known As, Homo Sapiens.
hahaha, trust me its better then what i can do.

any help you wanna offer?

I used DarkBASIC.
I used it for about a year an a half. I was my first programming language.
I haven't used it in 6 years, so I dunno how relevant my knowledge is anymore.
I found the included FPS tut to be very useful. It was a series of increasingly complex programs, improving upon eachother to eventually be an fps.
Eg:
1- 3d plane
2- 3d plane with textures
3- 3d plane with textures and movable sphere
etc
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I used to use BASIC i had this thing called a BoeBot.... oh the memories. Not one of those things I'd get back into though.
Im looking for help, tutorials you guys used when you started, not memories of your past.

We'd need to know what you're planning on doing (and how), how much experience you have with the language etc.

Otherwise you'd end up with random tutorials that are of no help.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
very true. Well i havent used it in awhile so forgot 90% of it, i know the basic commands..thats about it. Right now im not really working on much, just going through tutorials, and looking for some good tutorials.