Ranking
Original Post
The Alt Problem
The alt problem is realy just a big problem, because these people are going to begginer servers beat the white and yellow belts for tc and give it to their main account. There could be a way to stop this but for now it would be very hard to do. We could from the beggining of the game give the newcomer a link to our website going to a thread where you can learn how to report people.
Remember the link cannot be avoided even if clicking the esc button for menu.
Idk if this would be a good idea or not but possibly you guys are just going to ignore this idea or call it stupid and close the thread.

with peace-
JinJe
bone fuck my ray romano bluray
Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
The alt problems could be less if the GMs limit the number of registration number per IP, because most people dont know how to change their IP (I guess)

Anyways, farm tc from the tourneys could be a good way to get ez tc (i mean the lowest belt tourneys)
Sorry for my english. I dont get responsible if you had an eye bleed when reading this :P

Have a nice day

So, say the IP limit for accounts is 4. I have an account. And my cousin who lives with me does as well. That leaves room for 2 other accounts. How many are you talking?

Also, that isn't the job of a GameMaster. It's up to Administators and Game Developers. (Realized Fates touched on that, oh well.)

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
yeah, i was talking about 3 or 4 alts per IP, maybe
Thanks for the corrections Fates and Weoo (not sarcasm)

anyways, we have enough admins/devs for use their time on that ? i mean, they have better things to do, right ?
Saying they staff should have the time for this doesn't really help. Even if a GM joins a room with an alt its not like they can instantly know its an alt. Many players are smart and youtube moves and memorize them, the same moves that skilled players use. Even then an alt can notice a GM in the room and just tone down his playing style while still winning in order to maintain his appearance of a new player.

As for "beating up new players" I don't think the new players are as weak willed as you think to just up and quit. There are multiple rooms and most players realize they can just switch rooms if they are getting beat up a lot in their current room. Also from my past interactions with new players, whenever I use really good moves on them and just overpower them instead of getting depressed about it they usually flip out in joy and just talk about how cool the match was. Newer players don't know how to move their body like others yet and when they see someone skilled fight it gets them excited and they are usually ready for the challenge even if they think they will lose.

And as for farming tc off noobs..... 10tc...... 10tc...... 10tc......
I'm not even going to say anymore.

Though alts created for the sake of locking down a name are just kinda scummy. I suggest that all accounts with less than 100qi should be deleted after a year of age, that is if and only if the account is inactive at the end of the one year mark.

It causes a lot of trouble when all the names are taken up by 0-1 qi accounts. Take my account for example, I wanted to make it named Kohta, but that name was taken by an inactive account with 0 Qi. So I had to replace to "O" with a zero to use the name. Now you can cay "well you can just buy a name change", but thats not a good reason. Why should someone have to pay 100k to use a name that they should have had for free if someone didn't just lock the name down on an account thats completely unused.
Last edited by Kohta; Mar 2, 2016 at 10:36 AM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Saying they staff should have the time for this doesn't really help. Even if a GM joins a room with an alt its not like they can instantly know its an alt. Many players are smart and youtube moves and memorize them, the same moves that skilled players use. Even then an alt can notice a GM in the room and just tone down his playing style while still winning in order to maintain his appearance of a new player.

As for "beating up new players" I don't think the new players are as weak willed as you think to just up and quit. There are multiple rooms and most players realize they can just switch rooms if they are getting beat up a lot in their current room. Also from my past interactions with new players, whenever I use really good moves on them and just overpower them instead of getting depressed about it they usually flip out in joy and just talk about how cool the match was. Newer players don't know how to move their body like others yet and when they see someone skilled fight it gets them excited and they are usually ready for the challenge even if they think they will lose.

And as for farming tc off noobs..... 10tc...... 10tc...... 10tc......
I'm not even going to say anymore.

Though alts created for the sake of locking down a name are just kinda scummy. I suggest that all accounts with less than 100qi should be deleted after a year of age, that is if and only if the account is inactive at the end of the one year mark.

It causes a lot of trouble when all the names are taken up by 0-1 qi accounts. Take my account for example, I wanted to make it named Kohta, but that name was taken by an inactive account with 0 Qi. So I had to replace to "O" with a zero to use the name. Now you can cay "well you can just buy a name change", but thats not a good reason. Why should someone have to pay 100k to use a name that they should have had for free if someone didn't just lock the name down on an account thats completely unused.

Farming noobs is not really a problem because barely anyone does it: the gain is not worth the means.

It's not that hard to notice when someone's an alt. It's actually fairly easy and that's without looking anything up. besides, that's not the problem. Part of the real problem is that some, dare I say; jackass, decided to go all lockdown in some of the better available usernames in toribash.the reason why it's a problem is because it's not just a few names it's more like ~100+ or so names on all linked to one ip. The other part is that alts are being used to escape bans and advert attention from the main accounts that are scamming people. You scam someone, bounce it around a few alts and it gets increasingly harder for us to track you down. The solution to this is to either: Get a new and/or better way to track purchases or restrict the amount of alts allowed on an account. If you change your ip I can still track you as long as you don't have a billion alts for me to shovel through.
Last edited by Fates; Mar 2, 2016 at 03:11 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by JinJe View Post
The alt problem is realy just a big problem, because these people are going to begginer servers beat the white and yellow belts for tc and give it to their main account. There could be a way to stop this but for now it would be very hard to do. We could from the beggining of the game give the newcomer a link to our website going to a thread where you can learn how to report people.
Remember the link cannot be avoided even if clicking the esc button for menu.
Idk if this would be a good idea or not but possibly you guys are just going to ignore this idea or call it stupid and close the thread.

with peace-
JinJe

How is people using alternate accounts a problem?
The problem lies in the misuse of players farming for TC, of which is now less prominent for good players, because of the rank 500 and below 5k tourney.
I feel like the new user farming issue is already fixed, lest I say, never existed.
Last edited by iPortal; Mar 2, 2016 at 07:47 PM.
Originally Posted by Fates View Post
Farming noobs is not really a problem because barely anyone does it: the gain is not worth the means.

It's not that hard to notice when someone's an alt. It's actually fairly easy and that's without looking anything up. besides, that's not the problem. Part of the real problem is that some, dare I say; jackass, decided to go all lockdown in some of the better available usernames in toribash.the reason why it's a problem is because it's not just a few names it's more like ~100+ or so names on all linked to one ip. The other part is that alts are being used to escape bans and advert attention from the main accounts that are scamming people. You scam someone, bounce it around a few alts and it gets increasingly harder for us to track you down. The solution to this is to either: Get a new and/or better way to track purchases or restrict the amount of alts allowed on an account. If you change your ip I can still track you as long as you don't have a billion alts for me to shovel through.

I disagree, noob bashing is a problem, it is more frequent than it appears to be. Particularly in the beginner ABD server.

Although it might not be the biggest issue it is still an issue that could do with addressing. And there are plenty of people who quit because they are discouraged by how much better their peers appear to be, the fact that the experience these other people appear to have is similar to theirs is also only more discouraging for them.
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.