Ranking
Originally Posted by Ponzo View Post
Actually it's a free form app about why they would like to join and what there weak points are and yes you get to know the person your accepting into your org. Please act like a leader that cares and not a Dictator. This org is all about learning and getting along.

That's just how I talk/write, I'm not attacking anybody. Roux would whip it right back if he was actually offended. Yes we all get along here but not by giving hugs. Don't be so soft ponzo.

As for the app, Roux will agree (hopefully) that me and him designed the new application together to be a direct but demanding form that gives us exactly what we need to know, leaving no room for irrelevancy.

This has only been in place for maybe 2 months and what I see is improvement in the system:
1. it has discouraged many of the weaker players from applying who wouldn't be accepted anyway.

2. It extracts only essential information from the applicant.
I guarantee if you return to free form apps your going to get paragraphs of nonsense that nobody wants to read. Even if you request that they be aikido specific.

3. With one, maybe two exceptions, the applicants who have put the effort into these formed apps have all turned out to be exceptional players and members.
-----
Look at this

MrDohnutz Application

You know in the first minute of reading this application that you want to accept this guy. Everything is organized and direct. The replays are key and we can't review apps with out them.

Every single applicant who is accepted should jump out like this guy. It makes the process so much easier and efficient. Of course there's always room for tweaking.
-----
Finally, I just edited the app thread that should take care of one problem where people have been forgetting to post there replays.

Part 1: Copy, Paste, and Complete the App Form in your Quick Reply Box.
If you do not complete Part 2 with in 24 hours after posting your app, your app will be deleted!

Last edited by footlox; Sep 9, 2016 at 05:09 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists