ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Exercise, socialize more, don't give a fuck, and have fun the way you want to have fun, not the way that others want you to have fun.

That's worked for me recently.

I agree with the exercise more. Because you have your personally stuff, there is no real solution I can tell you without being a therapist or you. However, we are human beings, so no matter our personality, intelligence, we all have the ability to exercise. I went/am going through the same stuff as you, I'm pretty sure no one is happy but children. We know who to blame and we know how to stop it, but let's face the facts. It's not going to happen. However, right now because of this, you're looking at your glass half empty. What you need to do is, look at it half full. Everyone wants oranges, but let's face it, life gives us lemons. Now, you can take the approach of being all moody and grumpy (I'm not undermining the situation through this by the way nor am I chastising you, but through my exercises, in hindsight this is what it seems like) or you can make some lemonade. Everyday you're depressed is another day missed, now imagine this day as one with meaning and happiness. No matter how shitty life is, you have the ability to add or change this. No one is holding you back from doing this, life is a mere obstacle that you have to figure out how to jump over. You add the color to this black and white movie! Carpe diem! But, how will you do this? Once again, it's hard for me to describe a panacea that applies to your life, since it's your life and your life situations (with your interests and abilities etc.) BUT, referring to what I was talking about earlier, I do have something that may work. Running. What separates running from other things, is that everyone has the ability to do it with or without talent, you only need yourself to do it, and you improve yourself as you go along regardless of your abilities. So why is this relevant? Well, it's a project with no end that keeps getting better and better. When I started running, I was super shitty and depressed, but after every run I was able to run a little further. I was taking baby steps and baby steps, feeling better about myself and in general after every run. Now, I can run a pretty significant distance at a pretty fast pace without taking a break, and it has really done a number on my depression. The best part is though? I'm not nearly done, and I never will be, but I keep getting better and better. Running (among other things) has added a meaning to the days I thought had none before, a motivation or goal, something I look forward to. I also personally am a film maker and artist, and I would go into those but I'm not sure they apply to you, but I know running does. However, as you're reading this you might be thinking, "that's awesome... but I don't want to run" and what I say to that? Shut up. Go outside. Run for an hour (with walking breaks here and there). See how you feel. I know this is harsh, but I didn't want to run at all before I tried it, but after my first go I was hooked; it felt like a completely new side of the spectrum. I also started eating way healthier, and made my body a project. These are all things that add meaning, goals, and pursuits in my life that I was blind to when I was depressed. If you want to talk more about this, send me a PM, but I hope I motivated or inspired you somehow, because I am literally at a loss for words on how much running helps. I have many other opinions and tips on the subject, but this is the easiest to both do and explain. But also, just in retort to the reply above me, please, give a fuck. Now go out, put on your sneakers/trainers, put on some music, and run.

Last edited by Galard; Feb 15, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
I also start running Monday, since I can now go wherever I please.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Galard, that's probably the best thing I've ever heard.

Thank you so much dude. I'm kinda getting over it, and the running sounds like a good idea. I'm starting weight lifting as well. Just three weeks ago, my starting squat was 135lbs, and my starting bench press was 95lbs.
Now, after three weeks of working out, I'm at 245lbs for squat (3 reps) and 200lbs bench press (3 reps).

Thanks for the advice Galard, I really appreciate it. And you too sham.
Fucking <3 you guys.
[2:39pm]culapou>i've killed over 500 people without stabbing them I can kill people with my bear hands if they ever try messing with me
What?! I have been working out for like, two years and my squat max is only 265, and my bench is 175.

Y u do dis D:<

I can barely bench my own weight.

I don't even lift.

150 lbs

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

I'm like naturally big and athletic (6'3, 240). I play a lot of sports, and just haven't ever seriously worked out. But now that I'm starting too, I like it. My coach said in two weeks I'll be squatting 315, and benching 225.
[2:39pm]culapou>i've killed over 500 people without stabbing them I can kill people with my bear hands if they ever try messing with me
Originally Posted by Eloquence View Post
I'm like naturally big and athletic (6'3, 240).

Oh, now I feel at least a bit better. \/

A homosapien on our team squatted 440 today. He's not exactly small, but he's not huge either.

oh nice dude.
my coach, he's 6'2, 255, used to bench 390, and squat 600 when he was 23.
now he's 50, and still benches 290. fuck man.
and by team do you mean football?
Yes, football.

What position do you play? And what does he play? (Probs O-Line right?)