Ranking
Original Post
EA closing out multiplayer with little players on certain games, and MW3 Sabotage
EA recently announced it's plans to shut down yet more game servers. Included are some Battlefield games, and annual sports titles including the not so distant Madden 10, and NHL 10. “We would rather our hard-working engineering and IT staff focus on keeping a positive experience for the other 99% of customers playing our more popular games. We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the games and we appreciate your ongoing patronage.” Such a move is obviously done in attempt to cut costs and make EA more profitable, but one has to wonder where this leaves many of today's games in 2-3 years. The current trend in gaming is A: a multiplayer focus, and B: annual sequels, so it is a hard pill to swallow knowing that your 60$ game could have online functionality cut out in a few short years because "99% of customers" want to play the next generic shooter "Call of Honor: Modern Battlefield 7." Such a trend makes me happy to know that games like Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Batman: Arkham City, and Fallout are very much single player focused.

Full story here: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ea...-game-servers/. As for Mw3 sabotage, it seems EA has bought the url www.ModernWarfare3.com, that link will lead you to the official page for Battlefield 3. As of right now everyone is fairly sure that EA is bagging on MW3, but it could just be a fan made url.
Youve got issues, ive got issues, youve got a girlfriend, ive got a girlfriend, my girlfriend beats meee.
-Rappunk
I highly doubt that EA is responsible for that site.
[19:32] <@darilu-kun> tori = furry, bash = pride
if thats really true ea are pretty much stupid, since most of the old games may not be AS popular but even better than new games
Check out my Youtube!
Up until now, cutting content from games to sell as "expansion packs" was my only grief with EA.
Shutting down servers for older games seems to be another step towards them forcing us to buy more of their stuff (sequels to games for online play)

Also I lol'd at modernwarfare3.com
Unfortunately, Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Activision/whoever already have a page at callofduty.com/mw3