Ranking
Original Post
GM recruitment!
For whatever reason I keep getting pms asking if this thing is still on (regardless of how I'm not a gm anymore) well the answer is no, it is no longer going. However gms are always accepting applications, and if you wish to send in an application I suggest you send it to any full gm or the user Risk

Hello members of the toribash community, it's that time again! Step up to the plate for a chance to join our little team that is the face of Nabi.

What does a GM do?
- GMs (Game Masters) host events and take care of in-game moderation. They aim to keep people entertained and keep toribash interesting.

Being a GM is no easy feat. In fact, many say that being a GM is the hardest job in Toribash.
With the teal name in the forums and dark red name in-game, all people can see that you are someone with power. Those people know answers to their questions. Those people do all the cool things in Toribash. Those people fucked up, so I can blame them. Those people banned me for no reason, so I have to be mean to them. Despite all the weird things that come to you, you have to act as the smiling face of Nabi, because that's what you are.

You will be working with people, so being outgoing and personable is a great plus.
You will be doing events for people, so creativity is a big thing here.
You will have lots of power, so you need to be reliable.
You will be in many situations which require a good sense of judgment.
Being active and enthusiastic is a necessity as a GM.
Last, but not least, ability to handle the above-mentioned stress.
There are no requirements regarding belts, ranks, in-game skills, post counts, join dates, knowing the current GMs, alt accounts or the like.

...Then, why be a GM?
Because holy shit it's amazing to be able to see your own work being appreciated by the masses
And the feeling of helping out people is always a nice feeling.
Of course this differs from person to person, but the point is that sure, it's hard, but it ain't like it's just suffering ;)

The application itself is free-form, but including your GMT is a necessity.
The application should be sent to Tonakai during these next two weeks, last day being 12. of February.
Also by the way if you've already applied within the last ~month don't send in a new application please (may want to make sure if you're still being considered, though).
If you need help with making your application, Dargon's done a nice tutorial exactly for that.

And now a few words for the gm team itself, all quotes are anonymous.

a gm

a gm

a gm

a gm

a gm

a gm

Last edited by Tim; May 3, 2014 at 04:55 AM.
* MMDES222 ([email protected]) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me
Just applied. Good luck fellow rivals. ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not make posts about how you've applied.

"Just applied good luck guys" isn't going to make us more inclined to accept you, and you might just get infracted.
* MMDES222 ([email protected]) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me
Thank you Tim. I am now aware.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is awesome! Just one question, do gms have to be active a certain amount of time each day? And what happens if they arent on for a couple days?
Originally Posted by IceColor View Post
This is awesome! Just one question, do gms have to be active a certain amount of time each day?

It's for the best to be as active as possible but nah, not really. Just be active in general.

Originally Posted by IceColor View Post
And what happens if they arent on for a couple days?

They get tang'd and higher ups drink that juice for breakfast.
retired
GMs should be active as much as possible. There's no concrete answer that I can give you 'cause GM job is like that, but you're required to be a part of whatever's happening constantly. 'cause GM job is like that.

We do pardon few days of inactivity, though any longer than that and you should tell someone about it (we have a fancy thread for inactivity). Also of course if you have a project going on (i.e. an event), then going inactive for even a day or two should be mentioned to anyone ASAP.

However, real life is always the main priority, so if shit's hitting the fan irl then there's really no need to check which one's heavier in the scale, real life or some voluntary staff position in a small game forum. Of course extended inactivity due to irl issues won't let you keep the position, but seriously, if you have to think about it at that moment I'll come 'n kick yer ass :p
I think I am corrrect but not 100 percent sure, GMs do NOT get paid, correct?
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
GMs don't get paid, yes. GM is a 100 % voluntary job.

But if you host Tourney or Bets, Do you have to pay global yourself?
Something is better than nothing.