Ranking
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Awww, someone's got a bee in their bonnet. Your hate is ugly.

I never deleted posts that I didn't personally agree with. The only posts I deleted were troll posts and posts that failed to meet the useful post criteria (usually by being a sentence-long and not moving the discussion forward. I was probably the most lenient mod Discussion's ever had.

That is true, when Ele was around everything was pretty much in order. To be honest a lot of people were let of easy. #GoodGuyEle
Oh shit it's some profound text.
I'll only come back if they give me smod, my contributions to everything ought to be recognised..
Deleting my post insults my rights of religious freedom. I don't know why my anti abortion stance was censored. This is an outrage.

Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
Now we have all these women who should be at home raising kids and leading a household indirectly making life less enjoyable for everybody.

I completely agree 100%. Good to find a muslim brother on here.

/me hugs

Abortion is murder. You will go to hell. Your babies will go to heaven and be eternally loved by god. Killing one human is like killing all of humanity.

How are you?
Well I am not innocent when it comes to unnessesary posts, when I get the infraction I think about it - and then I take it.

But I guess some might have the wrong picture of me, my opinions are mostly from a general point of view because I don't really want too dive deep in some topics since they are a waste of time (in my opinion). But still I be on point and my post is always referring to the topic of the title.(when its not wibbles).

But who do you want to blame when you feel depressed ? You say no, the Moderator says yes and thats the end of discussion.
Enjoint life
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
Deleting my post insults my rights of religious freedom. I don't know why my anti abortion stance was censored. This is an outrage.

There's no progression of the debate when you support your position solely with religion. Your religion is based on faith, faith is belief without need of evidence. You cannot support an argument with a source that requires you to believe in something with no evidence, or contrary evidence.

As such, there's no longer anything to debate. The person who evokes religious authority as their supporting evidence is no longer arguing logic, ethics, or morals. Faith is inarguable, since the person who uses faith is not willing to view anything contrary, due to the very nature of faith.

If you want to support your religious opinion, you should be able to do so without having to evoke "God" as your evidence. It's not hard to make an ethical argument against abortion without having to rely on your faith. There are no shortage of people out there who already do so. If you think your position can only be defended through expression of your faith, then your position is probably a very weak position in the face of logic or ethics.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
blah blah blah

He's trolling you know. I honestly doubt he's / she's a muslim.
There's no progression of the debate when you support your position solely with religion. Your religion is based on faith, faith is belief without need of evidence. You cannot support an argument with a source that requires you to believe in something with no evidence, or contrary evidence.

If you think your position can only be defended through expression of your faith, then your position is probably a very weak position in the face of logic or ethics.

we get it, atheists 1 christians 0

You could argue that there are a lot of moderators/admins on this forum, I have never seen a forum with this many admins/moderators. Usually on a forum this size its like 2 or 3 admins that rule the entire thing, way more consistent.
It has nothing to do with superiority of atheism or theism. It's irrelevant. The point is when you make your argument based solely around religious belief, you will never convince anybody to believe your position through that reason without converting them to your faith. At which point, you're proselytizing your faith, not discussing the topic.

It's why faith-based arguments are inherently weak. If your whole argument is "X is wrong because God says so", then anybody who doesn't believe in your god will never be convinced by that argument. They may agree with your opinion, but your reasoning will never be pointed to as the reason for agreeing with it unless they share the same faith.

This is why moderation is necessary. If you can't recognize the difference between no arguments, weak arguments, and strong arguments, and all of them are allowed, then it defeats the purpose of a discussion forum. Particularly opinions with no arguments in them. If these types of posts are allowed, then it might as well be an opinion forum. Discussion is built around the exchange of reasoning, not the exchange of opinion. If you can't figure out how to justify your opinion, then this honestly shouldn't be the place you're posting. Everybody has an opinion. What makes an opinion valuable is when you can defend it from contrary opinions.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
This is why moderation is necessary. If you can't recognize the difference between no arguments, weak arguments, and strong arguments, and all of them are allowed, then it defeats the purpose of a discussion forum. Particularly opinions with no arguments in them. If these types of posts are allowed, then it might as well be an opinion forum. Discussion is built around the exchange of reasoning, not the exchange of opinion. If you can't figure out how to justify your opinion, then this honestly shouldn't be the place you're posting. Everybody has an opinion. What makes an opinion valuable is when you can defend it from contrary opinions.

You gotta realise that this ain't exactly a debate/argument forum though. We had that, it was called 'debate' and eventually at one point religious people had their debate access removed. I don't remember much from this time, but I can imagine the board would've then been left with a bunch of arrogant wankers smelling each others farts, jerking off over the scientific method.

Discussion isn't like that though. It's an opinion forum. If an opinion is shown to be faith-based and laughable, then that's punishment enough - To have your opinion shown to be nonsense and ridiculed on this public stage (i.e. Mallymkun and his sexual prudity) is enough. If you post crap, it will, through the discussion process, be revealed to be crap.

There's no need to start deleting posts by religious people in Discussion and go back to the 'Debate' ruleset. We're adult enough so as not to need some moderator to 'protect' us from faith-based reasoning like that.
Last edited by Ele; Dec 9, 2016 at 04:30 AM.