Ranking
Original Post
Best lyricists?
hey, i'm looking for new hip hop artists, mainstream or underground

and i'm into more mf doom, quasimoto, chance the rapper, vic mensa, YEEZUS CHRIST type shit

i was just wondering if any of you knew any other hip hop/rap artists i may not know about and can put me on some good albums?
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Kendrick Lamar: is amazing because he has like 50 different flows, his lyrics are brilliant/meaningful, beats are dope, and he can spit hot fire. His album good Kid, M.A.A.D City is fucking sexyyyyyyyyyyyy. Listen to it from start to finish. Section 80 is also rad, but I like all of his music really.

Jurassic 5: is an older hip hop collective with completely clean lyrics. They are some of the most talented rappers out there. Feedback is my favorite album, but they all are pretty good.

OutKast: because OutKast, you've probably listened to a lot of that already if you like hiphop.

Atmosphere: has some fantastic lyrics. When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold is a groovy album, but again, all of his work is pretty good.

Childish Gambino: one of my favorite rappers out there. Lyrically he's on another level. Camp, Royalty, Culdesac, Because the Internet are his 4 LPs and they are all fantastic. Camp is my favorite though, I love every song on that album.

Hieroglyphics/Souls of Mischief: Souls of Mischief is just a sub group of Hieroglyphics so I'm mentioning them in the same paragraph. They are pretty sweet, Full Circle is a good Hiero album and '93 till Infinity is a siiiick Souls of Mischief album.

The Underachievers are worth a mention.

I have much more if you'd like.
bananananananananaananananananannanaa delicious
GZA - Liquid Swords
WuTangClan - Enter the 36 Chambers
Sunz of Man - The First Testament

And for individual songs

Shabazz the Disciple - Crime Saga
Gravediggaz - Diary of a Madman
Raekwon - Glaciers of Ice

Great lyrics and great beats, enjoy.
Originally Posted by ape View Post
Kendrick Lamar: is amazing because he has like 50 different flows, his lyrics are brilliant/meaningful, beats are dope, and he can spit hot fire. His album good Kid, M.A.A.D City is fucking sexyyyyyyyyyyyy. Listen to it from start to finish. Section 80 is also rad, but I like all of his music really.

Jurassic 5: is an older hip hop collective with completely clean lyrics. They are some of the most talented rappers out there. Feedback is my favorite album, but they all are pretty good.

OutKast: because OutKast, you've probably listened to a lot of that already if you like hiphop.

Atmosphere: has some fantastic lyrics. When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold is a groovy album, but again, all of his work is pretty good.

Childish Gambino: one of my favorite rappers out there. Lyrically he's on another level. Camp, Royalty, Culdesac, Because the Internet are his 4 LPs and they are all fantastic. Camp is my favorite though, I love every song on that album.

Hieroglyphics/Souls of Mischief: Souls of Mischief is just a sub group of Hieroglyphics so I'm mentioning them in the same paragraph. They are pretty sweet, Full Circle is a good Hiero album and '93 till Infinity is a siiiick Souls of Mischief album.

The Underachievers are worth a mention.

I have much more if you'd like.

kendrick sux 8D

most of these i've listened to except jurassic and only one underachievers song
thanks tho cause underachievers are so fucking good fuck

Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
GZA - Liquid Swords
WuTangClan - Enter the 36 Chambers
Sunz of Man - The First Testament

And for individual songs

Shabazz the Disciple - Crime Saga
Gravediggaz - Diary of a Madman
Raekwon - Glaciers of Ice

Great lyrics and great beats, enjoy.

thanks bae these are pretty good i already love wu tang & gza
but sometimes i forget how much i actually like them so thanks
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Artist: CunninLynguists
Album: Oneirology

a song for them that you might like : Hard as they come
Last edited by William; Apr 5, 2014 at 05:13 PM.
Your messed up world enthrills me
andre 3000: any song
early kanye was great despite what he is now: spaceship, last call, chain heavy
consequence
chamillionaire: ill mind of koopa, hold up, slow loud and banging
pusha t: numbers on the board, my god
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2
[06:53]Sissykick: my friend was the hottest drag queen in the group.
I have to say Eminem is pretty amazing. As far as non-mainstream artists, EpicLloyd and Nicepeter from the Epic Rap Battles of History are pretty damn good at spitting lyrics.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.