ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Pc Build
I want to buy a pc, I know a pretty great website for it.

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/

I can spend £720 on it, whoever can get me the most stuff / best deal for that ammount of money gets a pair of Shutter Shades.

(I need EVERYTHING, keyboard, mouse, monitor etc)

I want it for gaming, if that wasn't obvious.

Thanks

(2 monitors would be great but it's not required)

Make sure it's not a configuration because I want them to build it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
That website is an ok deal, but you will have more control and it will be cheaper to DIY.

Read the stickied FAQ and it will give you an idea of what to do.

For keyboard I'm going to recommend the CM QF from massdrop which is only $65 for a tenkeyless 70% mechanical keyboard with browns and ninja labels. For mouse I'd recommend a Zowie, usually they come in around $60. For monitor I think a QX2710 would be nice since it's 27" @ 2560x1440 and can be clocked to 120hz and less than $400 - I think that's a pretty good price point. Of course you can swap the monitor for a cheaper smaller one or one with better colors (eg an ultrasharp) if you want.

That leaves about $700 for the build. So I guess something like;
R9 270x, FX6300, M5A97 R2.9, 8GB RAM, whatever harddrive, 128gb SSD, Seasonic 620W, whatever case
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
American companies don't ship to the uk for normal amounts of money - its also in £ not $.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
uwu i wuv you uwu
That's a bad site with a really shitty layout.
www.pcpartpicker.com and choose your region on the top right.
-----
Here's a build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3xlpx
You can always look at a tutorial or get a friend to do it for you.
Last edited by Organs; Apr 24, 2014 at 02:51 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
1£ is $1.7, just convert it.

Use amazon.co.uk or whatever places you can buy things from in the uk. Massdrop ships for <$20.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
UK people get shafted on import fees these days (thanks government), dragging componants accross the pond adds another £50+ average. It's quite annoying to say the least.

I'd like to say the exchange rate on parts was fair, but it can be a bit random. Usually we end up forking out more for things; hence why I used to import practically everything prior to the import-rape-tax being added. Be weary if something doesn't have an obscenely high shipping price to here, it means your stuff will get caught in customs until you fork out for the import fees.

Amazon will happily import things without silly high import/shipping fees, but you're stuck on slow shipping for it & it can take months for them to arrive.

UK builders usually stick to a handful of companies for general part grabbing. Aria, SCAN (they actaully accept Bitcoin as payment now) & Microdirect. The latter is great if you don't mind traveling or live in the Manchester area since they stock a lot that isn't on the site. London area people should just attack Tottenham Court Road, it's full of places with no online prescence & is pretty cheap over all.

There's loads of other places you could look, but the majority are flash in the pan companies that'll be gone as quickly as they've appeared. Best to stick to established places.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Organs View Post
That's a bad site with a really shitty layout.
www.pcpartpicker.com and choose your region on the top right.
-----
Here's a build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3xlpx
You can always look at a tutorial or get a friend to do it for you.

Z87 Board and no K CPU? Makes no sense to me since the K version is just 5£ more. Also the board seems a bit expensive, I took a cheaper one and got a better GPU for it.

@Neko you should build the PC on your own. It saves you a lot of money and is a good experience. There are plenty of moron-safe tutorials on youtube.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3ztln

This build is 50£ more than your budget (770) but is shipping price free and covers up pretty much everything except windows, I even got you an USB wifi card.

The CPU is the same but overclockable so you can squeeze performance out.of it if it's not fast enough anymore in some years.
The RAM is unnessecary fast tbh but it was cheaper than normal 1600Mhz RAM.
The GPU is good enough to play BF4 on ultra (without antialaising) at about 60FPS.
Power supply is about 100W more than you need so it's useable if you upgrade your GPU in the future. Some people in here recommanded a Seasonic, but BeQuiet! uses the same technology.
The optical drive is a standard DVD Burner, sums up everything unless you want to burn blu rays.
The monitor is a standard full HD monitor with HDMI, DVI-D and VGA, nothing special.
Talking about peripherals, these are a good shot. The Keyboard is pretty decent if you're not a heavy makro user plus it got special rubberized WASD keys. The Mouse is a pro gaming mouse which is used by clans like Fnatic and SK Gaming. You could upgrade the headset to some high quality headphones and add a clip microphone from Zalman.
The case is good for building a PC on your own, I already built 2 PC's with it.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
I don't trust myself to build it, also I don't really have much time to build a pc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uwu i wuv you uwu
Believe me, I had the same feeling when I built my first one. I always thought it would be horribly hard and about to damage something. You literally just slam everything into the board until it fits (ever part fits only in one connector/direction).
It took me about 1.5 hours from scratch, all you need is a screwdriver.
There are helpful step-by-step turorials on youtube if you got any trouble and maybe do it together with a friend who got some skills in this topic.
Just don't do it on a carpet and unload yourself from electrostatic energies by touching a heater. If you're careful with it there is no way you could damage your components.
-----
There's also the option to order the parts and bring them to an NCIX store where they will build it for you for a fee (about 20-30£)
Last edited by Mongius; Apr 27, 2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
I'll give it a whack
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uwu i wuv you uwu