Ranking
Original Post
An indepth look at all of the servers (FINISHED!!)
Before you read this I recommend you read Vox's Way of the Kitsune! tutorial (http://www.toribash.com/forum/index.php?topic=9439.0) or MetalMario's Increasing your Toribash Skillz tutorial (http://www.toribash.com/forum/index.php?topic=6860.0), as this is more advanced and requires you to be able to play the game (To some extent!).

---Contents---

I -- Introduction
II -- Demo Servers
-- Classic
-- Judo
-- Taek Kyon
-- Jousting (Now a demo server)
III -- Registered Servers
-- Kickbox
-- Wushu
-- Sumo
-- Judo Fracture
-- No Friction
IV -- Server Hosting
V -- The End
-- Special Thanks

You didnt think Toribash was confined to one style of play, did you? Of course not! In the tutorial we'll have a look at all of these modes and give you some advice you need to survive! Are you ready? Off we go then!

These are the only servers demo players can play on (Duh!) and these modes are quite easy to master. Ready for the next part? Please note registered players have their own versions of these servers!

Classic is the multiplayer version of singleplayer on demo settings, except you cant move your opponent or shift-space. Grabbing is probably your main offence here (A well placed grab will shatter someones defense!), with a kick thrown on too if you are able.

Probably the most widely played mode in all of Toribashiry is judo, the mode of grabbing and close quarters combat. As mentioned earlier, judo is best played by grabbing, or "hug" moves. Each player stands 20 cm closer to eachother than classic and the DM Threshold is higher. The frames per space setting is 70 so this mode is very strategical. Also, your ankles and wrists are safe from DQ (Disqualification) in this server

In Taek Kyon you are positioned 80 centimetres further away so kicking is the way to go. Once you are closer to each other I find a good tactic is to grab your opponent in an attempt to rip of their foot they kicked with.

Jousting is a mod where both players fly towards each other. In this mode you are stationed 1000cm apart. Kicks work well in jousting as you can fracture and rip limbs with ease.

These are the servers only registered users can play, please note registered users have their own versions of the demo servers for registered people.

Kickbox is the son of of Taek Kyon, you start 40 centimetres further away than Classic, so kicking is your main offence. The defensive way to play is holding all the firt turn then dodging or blocking the next, this sometimes results in you ripping off their foot clean off.

In Wushu you are 70 centimetres further away than in Taek Kyon, so your kick wont reach. So the best option is to jump and kick or stay still the first few turns until you have a clear shot. In Wushu fracture is turned on so be ready to do some weird movements to stay away from DQ!

In this mode both players take on the role of sumo wrestlers, fighting to knock each other over. There is a square on the ground which you are not able to come out of otherwise its DQ for you, even if you touched the floor with your hands or feet.

This is basically Judo, but with fractures as well. This also have varying frames per space too, watch out for it!

In this mod the two players take on the role of ice skaters trying to kill eachother. You slide towards eachother from the distance 1000cm. Your feet (Which are ice skates) are instagib, which means that if it touches your opponent, that part of him or her will drop off!

There are two ways you can host a server, use Torilaunch (http://www.toribash.com/forum/index.php?topic=2007.0), or set it up the harder way (http://www.toribash.com/forum/index.php?topic=9267.0), which is more customizable.

We are at the end of my tutorial, I hope I helped new people a lot, and I hope many of them who read this become masters in the future.
Hampa - for creating the game

This tutorial brought to you by:ADT and Vox Tutorials limited

User was infracted for this signature. (Useless signature)
Re: An indepth look at all of the servers (UNFINISHED!!)
cool, keep it comeing once it's done i'll link it to mine.
Re: An indepth look at all of the servers (UNFINISHED!!)
Heh, thanks
Re: An indepth look at all of the servers (FINISHED!!)
nice job it's well formatted and in good detail even gives peoples names
Firstly, a few numbers are off. Kickbox is 40 cm farther than Classic. Wushu is 70 cm farther than Taek.

Secondly, nice tut.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Ah, thanks, editing now
If this is worthy enough I call upon the hebrew powers of the moderator to sticky this
Worthy it is.

<suomynona> It might kill you, but, that's the worst it'll do
Thank you ;)