Original Post
FIRST ANIME HEAD :D
Am making my first anime head HALP !

Flat :

In game :

Used : Paint Tool Sai.
Zyns#6664
Nice line work.

I think it would look better if you made the mouth a bit bigger and added a sharp tooth :^)

Since this is a girl head, I feel like you must give it thicker eyelashes... the eyebrows too :^)

I also feel like you could make a better bow

gj

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
I actually like the size of the mouth, but yeah eyebrows could stand to be a bit thiccer
Love the linework, but it would be nice if you made the mouth a little bit larger and maybe added in some teeth, overall good stuff man. Keep going, you seem like you'll do well. Also thicken the eyerbrows maybe a little bit
THANKS FOR HELP GUYS I DID WHAT YOU GUYS SAID ( but didin't change the eye brows because if i make them thicker they look weird )

Flat :

In Game :

It's not done yet since i will add pink on the cheeks and light on the hair ^^

-----
THE HEAD IS FINALLY DONE !

FLAT :

IN GAME :

Onix <3
Last edited by Zyns; Jul 21, 2017 at 12:46 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Zyns#6664
Maybe toning down that red skin a bit? the blush is fine though.

It's really nice overall just some line work can be cleaned.
|Evil|
I don't exist
I recommend cleaning up a bit. You've got a lot of blue spots on the skin and such that are for the hair. Plus the black lines could be cleaned up a bit too, but that isn't important for how well you made them. Back looks a bit choppy and busy compared to other sides, but nice use of occupying empty space.
Might just be my opinion, but those eyes are really.. weird.. they aren't bad. But they look like stitched at first glance. Has nothing to do with how you made them, it's just those kind of eyes. Seen them before and they still bug me.

Good work for a first.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
please don't sell this yet as it still looks like a wip and i'm here to show what you can do to improve your art in general

first with the eyes:

use a thicker brush to draw the eye lid because it looks like a simple curved line

make your lashes curve more and connect it with the eyelid
don't make the lashes go in one direction

here's what it should look like

i applied it to the head

eyebrows:
it is better to draw one eyebrow then copy it and paste it on the other side and align it (unless you're going for a "confused" kind of expression)

you didn't mention if you were using mouse or a tablet but i don't see any sign of a pen pressure stroke so i'm gonna assume you make it with mouse

you can use some of these for reference

one of the eyebrows applied to your head

making the 3rd eyebrow in the picture is easy if you have a tablet because you have pen pressure

shading:

the hair lacks a lot of shading. you can simply shade by using this:

make a shade similar to like this (on the ends of the hair)

now select blur too and blur the shading you just did (blur until you are satisfied with how it looks)

make a new layer and change layer options to "luminosity" (this should make the color on this layer more bright and have a glow vibe to it

select a soft brush tool and select the a light color to the hair color
(example: i choose dark blue for the hair color so i should choose a really light blue for the luminosity color)

then brush the middle of the hair between the shades

should look something like this

now for the skin shade:

the shade under the hair should always match the skin color but in a darker tone

in the texture, you made the skin shade under the hair to match the hair color which is blue (this is wrong)

do it like this

about lineart:
i don't know if you can lineart properly with a mouse but its easy with a tablet

if you are using mouse, you can try the linework layer on paint tool sai, it helps (if you want explanation on that, i'll help you out)

i hope this helped you and i hope you can make better art nonetheless, keep it up!

some of MY personal fixes i would make

of course my art is still not perfect so feel free to disagree on something i posted here

TIP: never rush your art because you wanna sell it and get tc fast. spend time with making your art beautiful and if you are satisfied, go ahead.
Last edited by poison; Jul 22, 2017 at 11:26 PM.