ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Black screen once fixed but it came back!
So I made a thread a year ago with the same problem, I was having a completely black screen, I can hear in-game sounds, and I can see the custom Toribash mouse pointer. Back then the fix was to uninstall my graphics drivers and reinstall the latest Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver. I tried just that and it doesn't even work anymore, I got so frustrated I performed a System Restore...twice. Toribash worked on both occasions but the mouse had a horrendous delay or it wouldn't even move at all, on top of all that Google wouldn't even open so In the 2 times I performed a System Restore I had to reinstall Google Chrome and every time I restarted my PC the black screen problem comes back. The problem first occurred last night when I was deleting some useless stuff and I found some Intel graphics updates and I mistook them for a useless setup to install software, I deleted them and the Toribash black screen problem occurred.

Here are my PC Specifications:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E4600 @2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 2 GB
System Type: 64-Bit Operating System
Graphics: HP L1710 (1280x1024@60Hz) Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family (Intel)

(HvC)Havoc Clan Page

do you mean everytime you open toribash it just goes black screen with cursor?
if so i could help you
Last edited by Zach; May 18, 2018 at 02:03 PM.
Yes, It's just a black screen with the toribash pointer. Sometimes the sounds in-game are audible but now it seems like I can't hear anything at all. Your help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Sparturnha; May 18, 2018 at 02:20 PM.

(HvC)Havoc Clan Page

Try doing a driver rollback and see if it still occurs.
if you don't know how to do it watch here

EDIT:
Other than that, I can only suggest in trying to repair the game through Steam
Try an older version of Toribash
I had problems with the new one aswell but the 5.2 version of toribash works fine for me
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=567005
Download the 5.2 version, I'm sure it will work
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Try doing a driver rollback and see if it still occurs.
if you don't know how to do it watch here

EDIT:
Other than that, I can only suggest in trying to repair the game through Steam

I tried to Roll Back but it has Roll Back Drivers option greyed out.
-----
I tried out different version and now instead of a black screen I get a transparent screen where I can only see the borders.
Last edited by Sparturnha; May 18, 2018 at 04:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

(HvC)Havoc Clan Page

Does this occur with other games or just Toribash? If it happens in other games, it might be a GPU issue. Do you know if you have a dedicated graphics card or not?
Originally Posted by Sparturnha View Post
I tried out different version and now instead of a black screen I get a transparent screen where I can only see the borders.

Can you screenshot it so we can know the exact issue
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Does this occur with other games or just Toribash? If it happens in other games, it might be a GPU issue. Do you know if you have a dedicated graphics card or not?

He stated in the OP that he doesn't.

Since you mentioned the problem occurred after you modified some driver files, try updating them using this Intel utility: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...rt/detect.html

If that doesn't work, can you provide us with some extra info? Which OS do you use and a screenshot of the issue
Try this way:
  • Solution 1 – apply any pending Windows updates.
  • Solution 2 – update graphic drivers.
  • Solution 3 – manually reinstall graphic drivers.
  • Solution 4 – check advanced power options.