Ranking
Original Post
[DSC] Tao Jeet Kune Do
Story:

One day, the one who is known as MoxieMan decided that all of the elders in his village had taught him all they knew, yet he thirsted for more. When a group of traveling Samanas came through his village, the MoxieMan joined the group. He fasted, and learned how to live without the Self. Soon, though, he realised that this was not the true Way. The MoxieMan left the Samanas, and heard rumours of a wise man named Gotama, who had reached enlightenment. Whilst on this journey, however, he met a Daoist monk who was known as Bruce Lee.
The MoxieMan trained under Bruce Lee, and learned the martial art of Jeet Kune Do. He was also taught in the ways of the Tao. During this time, the MoxieMan became very wise, until he attained the title of a Sage. After many years, he left Bruce Lee, and discovered the fighting arenas of the Toribash. He noticed that the world of the Toribash was wrought with imbalance, and the MoxieMan wished to bring the balance of the Tao into the community of the Toribash. Thusly, he created the clan of the Tao Jeet Kune Do.

Current Memberlist (With status):

Moxieman (Sage of the Tao)
VileKyle (Sensei)
Shinigami7 (Guide of the Te)
Boneblack (Scholar)
Minime (Unsui)
Deveronal (Unsui)
Noitora7 (Unsui)
Folgora (Unsui)
Dado1230 (Unsui)
Alchemist (Unsui)
nickiec99 (Unsui)
stephen (Unsui)
Shortyish (Unsui)

(Please note that your status may have changed, possibly by accident. Please PM me with any concerns.)

Clan Aim:

The main aim of the Tao Jeet Kune Do clan is to spread the knowledge of the Tao, whether that be through lessons or example, e.g. displaying the Jeet Kune Do in competition.

Also, we aim to raise 50k credits in order to buy our own server since we become official in order to revive a server with the Jeet Kune Do mod.

Clan Organisation:

The status ranks in the clan are mostly arbitrary with the following exceptions:

1)The Sage reserves the right to change the status of the members of the clan.
2)Only the Sage and Senseis may recruit other members.
3)Even though you will probably start off as an Unsui, you can easily raise your rank by showing a knowledge of the Tao. This is usually done by selecting a passage from the Tao Te Ching and sending me your thoughts on it in a PM.

Diplomacy:

Allies:

[Contract_Glutes]

Other Notes:

Until we have 50k toricredits to buy our own clan server, we usually call server 27 (judo::fracture) our dojo, although we may stray off into the neighboring servers.

Clan News:

IMPORTANT: We are now an official clan!!! Nice! Now that we are official, I can start the clan server fund. I will start by donating all of my money to it, which means it is now 4285 credits. Donate if you please!

May the Tao be with you.
Last edited by MoxieMan; Apr 15, 2008 at 04:16 AM. Reason: money
Looks good in general, but something you may want to note: this is the second clan that has stated "all members will have access to the thread". Firstly, everyone (not just your members) has access to this thread, and secondly anyone will have access to your board if you become official.

I do like the unique theme of this clan, though - to spread recognition of a comparatively lesser-known mode.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
i like the idea. maybe some Puffers will see you around ;]
and lo He came upon the sinner with little mercy. henceforth from this moment on He shall be known as PK, the painkiller.

Puff will sacrifice himself for the greater good as punishment for his rage. It is in His honor that we fight.
If anybody wants to join, I will currently accept them under the title of Unsui. At this point in the clan's history, more members are wanted. Do not hesitate to send me a PM.
One day, the one who is known as MoxieMan decided that all of the elders in his village had taught him all they knew, yet he thirsted for more. When a group of traveling Samanas came through his village, the MoxieMan joined the group. He fasted, and learned how to live without the Self. Soon, though, he realised that this was not the true Way. The MoxieMan left the Samanas, and heard rumours of a wise man named Gotama, who had reached enlightenment. Whilst on this journey, however, he met a Daoist monk who was known as Bruce Lee. The MoxieMan trained under Bruce Lee, and learned the martial art of Jeet Kune Do. He was also taught in the ways of the Tao. During this time, the MoxieMan became very wise, until he attained the title of a Sage. After many years, he left Bruce Lee, and discovered the fighting arenas of the Toribash. He noticed that the world of the Toribash was wrought with imbalance, and the MoxieMan wished to bring the balance of the Tao into the community of the Toribash. Thusly, he created the clan of the Tao Jeet Kune Do.

why did you think this was a good idea to write
Originally Posted by ccliu View Post
i am curious. what exactly is a "Unsui"?

An unsui is the term applied to martial arts that means, "one who is ready to learn".

Originally Posted by thespoody View Post
why did you think this was a good idea to write

Because it actually happened to me once.
Originally Posted by MoxieMan View Post
Because it actually happened to me once.

An internet is you, good sir.