Toribash
I'd really love to see a set that blends a good amount of styles. I brought up Gynx's set that he calls his "Frankenstein". Simply because it is just a whole bunch of random heads and textures from various great artists.

What I thought would be kind of neat would be to put two artists that have similar styles on the same side of the tori. Think of it as like a yin and yang symbol.
So like robotic on one side and monster/cartoon on the other. When I say kind of like Gynx's set, I mean I want that randomness to the textures but I also want them to look like they belong there and that it is organized. I don't know, I'm just trying to pitch out ideas to spark something different. I know there is a ton of creative talent here and I want all of it to be administered.

This is the kind of set that I don't want anything left on the table but I also want it to be a fun project for you guys and have it be something you are proud of in the end.
[OLDA]|[Ultimate]|Order of Taekkyon| ex-GameMaster
Questions concerns? Pm me
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
Yiaz, tell me!
I'm down with either but I'd like collaborating a bit more, that way we both will learn.
Only, when we'll collaborate, I'd like to do it in a professional matter.
With a plan. Otherwise it'll get way too messy and we will not finish it.
Let me know what you'll prefer and maybe your timezone as well.
If yours and mine are too far apart collaborating won't be a great idea.
Mine is GMT+1.

I haven't thought of any actual idea yet. I know you're good with robotic stuff, right? It's my strongest too. You mentioned that you've had an idea, you could PM it to me and we could work on it. My timezone is GMT -3, not too far apart. We could do it over steam, IRC, or even PM if you'd like it.
taking art requests for USD
top flesh, bottom robotic? i can also mix if needed.

/for the head texture just go with a finalist in the gata event. It probably wont disappoint. *hype*
Last edited by 13chillz; Aug 29, 2014 at 12:33 AM.
i totally shotgun not doing the torso.
I dont mind doing the head and neck, but if someone else wants in on that or we decide to use the MOR winner or something, i dont mind backing out.

give me a shout if nobody takes it up and youve got concepts going and il mesh something in, will talk with people befor doing anything.
if youre doing fleshy top and robot bottom, i could probably come up with something cyborgy/broken terminatorish
or i could just doodle like 5 concepts and throw them at whoevers doing it, i dunno
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 29, 2014 at 01:06 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
haha. notice how nobody ever takes the torso... its such a PAIN.

although if i had a nice little picture of a torso front back. would you draw on it?
id draw on anything, just dunno how good il be at it, lol.
actual mapping on the torso is a nightmare, way too much effort.
never actually made a proper attempt at joints, got a couple of loose ideas rolling around my head though i guess
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
color all over on this make sure you do up where the shoulders joints would be don't change the size (its so big so quality loss on joints wont be horrendous.) And its easier if you plan on joint movements. But then joints properties change when you view them in replay mode or in editing joints mode so.. FIX IT! pleaseeee.

this is a hybrid script thing i made pry 8 months ago.. its not for joints because joints ruined everything. but i can fake the joints if you color it all up.

bewm multiply layer, <back,side,front,side,back> credits to 4edrick for the base

Last edited by 13chillz; Aug 29, 2014 at 01:28 AM.
The set doesn't have to be the cyborg look. I was just using that as an example just because you're styles seem to fit that mold. What do you guys think though? Why sort of theme would fot this set best?
[OLDA]|[Ultimate]|Order of Taekkyon| ex-GameMaster
Questions concerns? Pm me
just close your eyes, and we shall surprise!

nah but really, what are your options for a metal/flesh mix. could go metal/anything really tho.
Originally Posted by Yiazmat View Post
I haven't thought of any actual idea yet. I know you're good with robotic stuff, right? It's my strongest too. You mentioned that you've had an idea, you could PM it to me and we could work on it. My timezone is GMT -3, not too far apart. We could do it over steam, IRC, or even PM if you'd like it.

Let's do it over either Skype or Steam chat.
Having back and forth feedback and sparring is so very important.
What are times that you'll be available?
Maybe something like 11 in the afternoon? That's 3 o'clock for me.
Evening would be fine as well, I'm usually up late.

Let's do some sparring before we go sketching ;]
-----
Chillz, what am I seeing here? O:
Last edited by AlphasoniK; Aug 29, 2014 at 04:23 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.