Ranking
Original Post
idm general
idm is relatively obscure and arguably a dead genre. it's hard to say what makes idm, idm. the avant garde (not so avant garde now, but it was definitely in the 90s) mixture of many different genres/styles/melodies such are breakcore, acidhouse, ambiance, some jazz elements, sometimes acoustics, what have you is what makes it unique. also, if you're new to idm (intelligent dance music) the label sounds pretty fucking pretentious, but a lot of idm musicians heavily detest the name. i love the idiosyncrasies of these artists

some of my favorite idm songs (i've posted some of these elsewhere)-

zxzzzzzxzx

ooga booga

og benn jordan

the drunken feeling

zzzz

vsnares

gggrrrrr

mike's depression

Last edited by HolyShrimp; Dec 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
i'm happy there's reception!
Originally Posted by WorldEater View Post
Finally IDM thread.

awesome. autechre and squarepusher are great.
hello everything is probably my favorite album of sqaurepusher's
bass2good

i feel i should be more familiar with cylob. seems pretty great. i'm fairly certain this is a remix of one of his songs?

great stuff
Originally Posted by HolyShrimp View Post
i'm happy there's reception!

awesome. autechre and squarepusher are great.
hello everything is probably my favorite album of sqaurepusher's
bass2good

i feel i should be more familiar with cylob. seems pretty great. i'm fairly certain this is a remix of one of his songs?

great stuff

No, Cylob haven't remixed this song afaik.

26 Mixes For Cash is so unique, Aphex never made albums like that. Love his Analord 2 and The Tuss collab. I even had t-shirt with his logo

Also, Steinvord:

already posted this somewhere else but what the hell
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore