Ranking
Original Post
shouldn't we bring back the bully?
as of the past several years, our (america)'s school systems have been cracking down on bullying, and i kind of think that isn't a good thing

i mean, i can see why they're doing it.
parents hear their kids are being beat up in school and they immediately set to doing something about it, not to mention the kid probably doesnt like it too much

but since the bully has gone, we have certain kids who were never forced to grow up by the bigger ones in school, which can essentially make worse people than the bullies themselves

i don't want to go so far as to say i was bullied, but i was definitely picked on in elementary/middle school
and i am glad i was, or else i'd still be a massive sperg (although you could argue i havent changed)

i'd like to hear the discussionfolks' opinion on this
shmevin eats smegma
Depends on the severity of the bullying. Attacking someone in groups, doing slander and so forth are criminal actions that you can sue for over here in Germany.
Such actions should not be tolerated and if the teachers fail to deal with it I see no problem with getting the police involved.

That doesn't mean that everyone should get along with everyone. Conflicts are fine as long as they don't end up with one being the victim.

It's true that we need to learn frorm various social situations but generalizations like the one you just made hardly work.
Having to deal with being picked on is hardly necessary for maturing up as it is not constructive. All it does is teach you how to deal with assholes if anything.
nigerian PM
Physical abuse could be defined entirely differently from the open term of "bullying", so I agree.

I was only teased in 1st grade by jealous kids, and my dad would always tease me when I was in 4th because I "needed someone to do it".

He was right, if I was not socially gifted as I am, and instead was a little pussy, I would be one of those fairy fucking mongoloids who I despise.
Yes, let us bring back people punching others in the nose for no apparent reason, throwing them off chairs, hitting them with bamboo sticks, pushing you in to the wall because you tried to say 'Hi'. As an Aussie, I can't say a lot on the topic of America's school systems, but I don't think that nearly any kids would want this, as this would lead back to depression, and not everyone gets help for it, and either grows up depressed for the rest of life, or commit suicide, which is one of the leading causes of death around the world for children aged 12-18.

And in conclusion, in most schools, if you told the teachers or the principal that someone got their head cut off, they wouldn't care. It's not what they're paid for, and I for one can say that for three years of my schooling, grades 3-5, this one kid did all the things that I mentioned at the start of this reply, and all he ever got was ONE DETENTION.

~Not Supported
Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others.

Physical abuse is part of the whole bullying process. ;v

Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post
He was right, if I was not socially gifted as I am, and instead was a little pussy, I would be one of those fairy fucking mongoloids who I despise.

wat
nigerian PM
Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
as of the past several years, our (america)'s school systems have been cracking down on bullying, and i kind of think that isn't a good thing

i mean, i can see why they're doing it.
parents hear their kids are being beat up in school and they immediately set to doing something about it, not to mention the kid probably doesnt like it too much

but since the bully has gone, we have certain kids who were never forced to grow up by the bigger ones in school, which can essentially make worse people than the bullies themselves

i don't want to go so far as to say i was bullied, but i was definitely picked on in elementary/middle school
and i am glad i was, or else i'd still be a massive sperg (although you could argue i havent changed)

i'd like to hear the discussionfolks' opinion on this

I do not agree

Bully was what led to some kids killing them selves

Or remember that story when a 12 year old kid was being bullied? So when he saw a 3 year old he killed him

Either not growing up or just more people killing, abusing

So bullying is what somewhat brought more killers to this world or suicidal or abusive people
Last edited by Lushsmoke; May 17, 2013 at 08:28 AM.
I'm ready for my daily dose of cringe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So basically the OP says bullying is cool because kids who aren't "in accordance" with the kids of their age needs to get beat-up to "grow up" ? (please explain your definition of "growing up", cause I really don't see the link with being bullied and growing up)

That makes no fucking sense. Harrassing someone because he's different will do the exact opposite of helping him "open up", he'll be reclusive, probably sad, or he will start dwelling on dark thoughts. Violence just calls for more violence and despair.

You do NOT sound socially gifted... more like a disrespectful douche.
I'd personally call mongoloids the people who harass weaker ones for no apparent reason but feeling "superior".
Most bullies are just short-dicked unconfident dumbshits who want to be important but have no other way than violence to do so.

Picking on people is different, it's natural in social groups to pick on each others, it doesn't hurt anyone nor have serious repercussions... bullying is something else, close to harassment.
Last edited by deprav; May 17, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
I get what your saying OP.

these days Innocence should go away sooner then expected, due to our society being the way it is. Its a form of protection doing so.
But then again, ignorance is bliss.

so tomatoe tomato , let things go their way.

Op´s point isnt in either is bullying good or bad or should it be done, but rather its only natural and it helps a young human build caracter and evolve.
Last edited by TheSecret; May 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM.
What the hell...

Your saying the bully is what causes kids to grow up? The bully lowers people's self-esteem, and in more recent cases ended in someone dead. When I was in 5th grade we got our metal detectors for the first time, because of a case that had been extremely popular. A kid was being picked on for the color of his skin, as a mixed person I see it as the dumbest thing ever. In the lunch room, the bullied student shot and killed 2 other students, who were those whom bullied the child. He got 75 to life in jail, good luck growing up in there. In other cases the bully kills another student or the bully effects that other student so badly they want to kill them selfs.

If you really want your child to grow up, put their asses in sports. Let them get in shape, teach them self defense, boxing, MMA etc. sports are what teach discipline not being beaten for no reason. In shape a student can get a "mate" which would raise their self esteem even more( some times a cocky way)

I got jumped once, I was suspending, like really wtf? when we both got back in school I brought brass knuckles to school every day. for the next 3months out of paranoia, because a much larger, stronger, faster, experience boy was picking and beating on me. How would that make me or anyone grow up?
Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post
Physical abuse could be defined entirely differently from the open term of "bullying", so I agree.

I was only teased in 1st grade by jealous kids, and my dad would always tease me when I was in 4th because I "needed someone to do it".

well, i wouldn't go so far as to call you socially gifted. you need to let people tell you what you are, because saying something and actually doing that thing are very very different
shmevin eats smegma