Ranking
toribash was over inflated, period. the fact that everyone and their mommas had over a million tc to sell for that much cheaper than torishop meant issues. Most inflation comes from the tourneys and boosters, thats why they are looked at so much more carefully now. deflation comes from the torishop and many dont understand how that works. if items are restocked every week, and each item costs say 20k from torishop. each time someone buys it through torishop, 20k sinks. thats why I believe more items are being made. anyways eventually that may lead to issues when the toribash economy is dirt poor and firebolty is the only one with over 100k.
any reason why you guys feel that way lol. I just got like 3 opinions with nothing to back it up pl0x9
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I'd say Discussion has devolved a fair bit.

There's no longer any dedicated discussion mods who take care of it sadly.
Originally Posted by Juntalis View Post
Everything's gone to shit and you should all feel terrible.

Mainly because of oldschoolers and staff shitposting on every thread...
Market/art sucks now. Back when I first started there were so many people with shops and people who would only make avatars or custom sigs, head textures, now its full of random garbage. I'm not a huge fan of the full body textures either but meh.

The community in general a lot of kids who would have just been blacklisted back then come around and just talk random shit and show no respect.

Clans are pretty lame now. So many random no name clans.
New generation, new ideas, different tastes, different general characteristics.

It is true that some users don't always show respect or be polite, but that is the same as in life.

I hardly believe there were no kids that filled a portion of the player body back in - when ever you're speaking of.
Nope back when I played most everyone was chill and respectful. Most problems were settled with fights/clan wars
Looks like someone doesn't seem to understand the concept of respect, as you're basically whining about people and "no name" clans, which pretty much implies that you don't deserve to be respected, as you treat everyone who doesn't have a reputation like shit, and some of those newer players deserve a hell of a lot more respect than you (As well as me) my good friend.

The main thing that's changed has been the size of the community, so you'll you get more good, but more bad as well.

As for clans, there are many more clans on the forum to before, so some people (elitists) don't appear to take new clans as seriously (e.g. The person above me), as they seem to disband quicker as well (most likely due to the steep learning curve on this game causing players to stop playing after a short period of time).

From the area I'd say I have most experience in on the forum out of anywhere else I go, the replay board now has MUCH higher quality replays to a long time ago, which also means that the quality of replays in videos tends to be quite high as well, which then means that the newer players/players who aren't experienced in replay making on the forum are impressed by these high quality replays and idolize people who make high quality replays, or from what I've gathered, some replay makers all go down the same route and attempt to basically follow the more experienced ones, which leads to a huge pile of generic replays (The current trend being tricking and corkscrews and that jazz)

I don't mind the community from what I've gathered, as I've changed alongside it and met some people who I'd deem as friendly.
Last edited by notnoob; Jul 18, 2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Minor edits
Sold my dog to join RRO