Toribash
Original Post
Animal Lovers
There has been a lot of talk of homosexuality and racism in Discussion recently. In the US it is pretty much widely accepted (except for maybe some southern states) that homosexuality is alright. It is okay if people of the same sex, whether being a man and man or a woman and a woman can have an intimate relationship, and even get married. Yet "beastiality" (or essentially, the intimate relationship between a human and an animal, is still frowned upon and even illegal. What makes the intimate relationship between the same sexes in the human race right, but not in races of animals and humans?
What makes animals inferior races? Their bodies are better equipped for the world, the only reason humans are at the top of the food chain are because they invented objects to help them get there. There is even a list of animals that have been scientifically proven to practice homosexuality as well. I'd like your input on this matter, should humans be able to have intimate relationships with animals?

What's stopping us?
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
I would be inclined to support inter-species relationships if there existed a non-human species capable of giving consent to one. I see animals like dogs, cats, monkeys, chimps, as furry little children (sorry to be so simplistic). So, I think the same reasons we don't allow romantic relationships between adults and children can be used to explain why we don't typically tolerate inter-species relationships.
My signature sucks
Please don't fuck my pets an you can do whatever your little willy wants you to do.
wow that
sucked
I see 3 main reasons :
-I don't see someone being turned on by other animal species
-I don't see other animal species consenting to have sex with a human, that would be like rape Dx
-diseases.
That first reason is irrelevant, plenty of people are turned on by animals. You know furries? But yeah, the whole consenting thing is my biggest issue with it.
My signature sucks
Originally Posted by Thellian View Post
I would be inclined to support inter-species relationships if there existed a non-human species capable of giving consent to one. I see animals like dogs, cats, monkeys, chimps, as furry little children (sorry to be so simplistic). So, I think the same reasons we don't allow romantic relationships between adults and children can be used to explain why we don't typically tolerate inter-species relationships.

Since your response is kind of about consent I'll answer it below. Also I'm pretty sure we don't allow adult and child relationships because a childs feeble mind, cant actually comprehend what they are or aren't consenting to.

Originally Posted by deprav View Post
I see 3 main reasons :
-I don't see someone being turned on by other animal species
-I don't see other animal species consenting to have sex with a human, that would be like rape Dx
-diseases.

- There are many cases of beastiality, it's actually a common practice for most people, so yes people get turned on by other animal species

- Animals have ways of communicating with humans, as well as providing consent, a dog wags its tail when its happy right, a cat purrs when its happy as well, if someone tries to have sex with one and it gets angry, that's obviously a no

- Homosexuality causes diseases, as well as traditional sexual intercourse between man and woman, so that's invalid altogether
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by Mwah View Post
Since your response is kind of about consent I'll answer it below. Also I'm pretty sure we don't allow adult and child relationships because a childs feeble mind, cant actually comprehend what they are or aren't consenting to.

- There are many cases of beastiality, it's actually a common practice for most people, so yes people get turned on by other animal species

- Animals have ways of communicating with humans, as well as providing consent, a dog wags its tail when its happy right, a cat purrs when its happy as well, if someone tries to have sex with one and it gets angry, that's obviously a no

- Homosexuality causes diseases, as well as traditional sexual intercourse between man and woman, so that's invalid altogether

I'm not on board with your second point. I believe to give consent one must understand what you're consenting to, and I'm not convinced animals are capable of that level of understanding. Also, it would be all too easy for a person to take advantage of an animal. Should a person rape an animal, how would it defend itself in a court of law? I know it sounds silly, but if humans were to start having legitimate relationships with animals this is the kind of thing that would need to be discussed.
My signature sucks
Animals have sex all the time. How can you say that they are not capable of consenting?
What animals are you talking about anyway? You cannot generalize 239874239847982374932847928347 species like that.
Male dogs for example hump legs regularly. I am pretty sure that means they are consenting to sex with the respective person.
I think you're confusing animals' natural drive to have sex with consent to it. Consent requires thoughtful consideration, which again I don't believe any animals are capable of.
My signature sucks