ES Recruitment Drive
thanks alot guys!
did some more tricking, i think i'm starting to get the hang of it.
Attached Files
Swex- Transcendance.rpl (448.6 KB, 164 views)
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
also i sing harshvocals n stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIOUNr_PAM
You amaze me everyday dude O.o
Your first tricking replay was a bit like oblivion's replay but you have developed your own style in just 2 replays bro! The opening was a bit weird and the pose is not the best one but everything else was pure epic.
9/10

Standing poses are usually better than the other poses.
I will only point out the negatives just to help you out, old chap.

Firstly, the opener was unnecessarily random and long, you should use simple openers to get to the desired position, because the watcher would go "wtf is this randomness, I'm not gonna continue watching it" (that's how I feel when I see something like that, but that might be just me). The opener wasn't that fluent as well.

Right after the opener, your positioning was kind of wrong, because you wouldn't crouch like that before doing a trick in real life, would you ? Sure, toribash is just a game and is not meant to be an ultra-realistic game, but to make a realistic replay, you have to achieve the maximum realism you could pull out so you watch every single frame you pass.

Now to the trick part, jumping with your toes was an old lazy move to gain momentum for a more powerful and speedy spin, but let's be honest, doesn't it make you feel noobish ?

At around the 634th frame, your knee was a bit contracted, you could have made it way better by extending it which makes it look like a real kick, unless that wasn't an intentional kick.

Then around the 620th frame, your right leg had the weight and force to touch the floor, but you shifted the whole thing and kept it from touching it, it was like "Now I will land. Wait my position won't be good for the next trick, I will just raise it a little bit" instead of editing the previous frames to do it without having it going two ways.

A little bit later, ANOTHER TOE JUMP LOL xdxdx

At the frame 486 you bent your whole body too much and you extended your ankles too early so the knees extending awkwardly preventing the heels to be steady and on floor.

Then booooom, flow breakage, the whole replay had spinning from left to right but now you spun from right to left, spinning from left to right was a better and an easier idea considering your position and how your momentum was going.

That's it for now.
(sorry for the harsh shit )
<Marco> and then Oblivion tried to sexually assault me
<Oblivion> and Marco wasn't surprised at all
Originally Posted by Tengo View Post
I will only point out the negatives just to help you out, old chap.

Firstly, the opener was unnecessarily random and long, you should use simple openers to get to the desired position, because the watcher would go "wtf is this randomness, I'm not gonna continue watching it" (that's how I feel when I see something like that, but that might be just me). The opener wasn't that fluent as well.

Right after the opener, your positioning was kind of wrong, because you wouldn't crouch like that before doing a trick in real life, would you ? Sure, toribash is just a game and is not meant to be an ultra-realistic game, but to make a realistic replay, you have to achieve the maximum realism you could pull out so you watch every single frame you pass.

Now to the trick part, jumping with your toes was an old lazy move to gain momentum for a more powerful and speedy spin, but let's be honest, doesn't it make you feel noobish ?

I am a newbie/noob at tricking, i just started with it.

At around the 634th frame, your knee was a bit contracted, you could have made it way better by extending it which makes it look like a real kick, unless that wasn't an intentional kick.

Then around the 620th frame, your right leg had the weight and force to touch the floor, but you shifted the whole thing and kept it from touching it, it was like "Now I will land. Wait my position won't be good for the next trick, I will just raise it a little bit" instead of editing the previous frames to do it without having it going two ways.

my bad, but is it really that big of a deal?

A little bit later, ANOTHER TOE JUMP LOL xdxdx

is this "toejumping" the new thing you guys frown upon, like having nice single dm's instead of messy booms?

At the frame 486 you bent your whole body too much and you extended your ankles too early so the knees extending awkwardly preventing the heels to be steady and on floor.

Agreed. I didn't take that into consideration cause i was having too much fun with the replay and couldn't be arsed to go back and change that small detail.

Then booooom, flow breakage, the whole replay had spinning from left to right but now you spun from right to left, spinning from left to right was a better and an easier idea considering your position and how your momentum was going.

You used to complain on me always spinning one way, and now you go against your own sayings?

That's it for now.
(sorry for the harsh shit )

Thanks for the constructive critiscm i will try to improve on the things you said above.
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
About your last point, what I said was regarding sparring, not tricking.
And also, you can do that in tricking, but with more flow and a good transition.
Also, you're not a noob, you have total understanding in how toribash works, and I didn't meant to make you feel noobish sorry :P.
Also, toe jumping without toes is funny.
Originally Posted by Tengo View Post
About your last point, what I said was regarding sparring, not tricking.
And also, you can do that in tricking, but with more flow and a good transition.
Also, you're not a noob, you have total understanding in how toribash works, and I didn't meant to make you feel noobish sorry :P.
Also, toe jumping without toes is funny.

Ah i see, sorry about that missunderstanding.
I am a beginner at tricking aka (in retarded langauge) noob, because i don't fully understand how to get the right amount of rotation for the perfect landing that you guys somehow pulloff( Tengo, Jaker, Oblivion Rigillion etc...)
heh that is funny but do your toes really show when you wear sneekers IRL?
if not i guess you laugh your ass off at everyone that has sneekers on when tricking xD

thanks for visiting my thread, long time no see old friend.
the harshness just struck me by surprise, cause i felt like i finaly accomplished a good tricking replay.
Last edited by Swexx; Apr 23, 2012 at 03:49 AM.
It is a good replay actually, but I used Oblivion's cncing style (with more harsh shit) because it's effective as I only got to where I'm at with his cnc.
large talked me into trying some SP soccer... so here you go.
Attached Files
Swex- Diffrent kind.rpl (577.1 KB, 167 views)
Lol that was funny how the ball get your head at the last frames
And the special kicks you did, pretty cool too.
10/10
And can you post the replay with Largekilla and you in Soccer?
Originally Posted by SWEXxELITE View Post
have you ever seen something like this?

Didn't like the opener or the kick but what comes after that more than makes up for it. Good job.
[T]
<~Phoenix_afk> fu