Toribash
I did Ju-Jitsu for 2 years, up to about blue belt (6 belts up), then I quit because I couldn't be arsed anymore. It's taught me a lot of valuble lessons though.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
I turned blackbelt at Tae Kwon Do when I was 10. I have the certificate to prove it too. Also, the master who graded me was from Korea, which is to my knowledge, where TKD originated, so I would think that's an achievement.

I'm 13 atm, 2nd dan black belt. Btw, TKD goes:

Blackbelt
1st dan blackbelt
2nd dan blackbelt

Not like Toribash where it goes blackbelt to 2nd dan.
Kung-Fu here.
Doing it for around 6 years now.
I'm 18 years old. 7th belt, we gain 1 rank every year but I gained two ranks in my second year.
I love it
Last edited by AlphasoniK; Oct 2, 2009 at 01:35 AM.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
I do Krav Maga :> I'm not as good as those steroid-using masters or say, Jason Bourne, but I find it very practical/useful/generally badass.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
I turned blackbelt at Tae Kwon Do when I was 10. I have the certificate to prove it too. Also, the master who graded me was from Korea, which is to my knowledge, where TKD originated, so I would think that's an achievement.

I'm 13 atm, 2nd dan black belt. Btw, TKD goes:

Blackbelt
1st dan blackbelt
2nd dan blackbelt

Not like Toribash where it goes blackbelt to 2nd dan.

That depends on the style, I did TKD for like 7 years, ended up at 3rd Dan/degree black belt.
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
That depends on the style, I did TKD for like 7 years, ended up at 3rd Dan/degree black belt.

I assume your teacher was one of the generic ones who just do it for the money?

I would say, my teacher does it for pleasure and to pass on the knowledge. He has a normal day job and is really nice and invites most of his students to his house for special occasions (easter, xmas etc.) to have a barbecue. Also, he's asian.
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
I assume your teacher was one of the generic ones who just do it for the money?

Aha, thats what my Grandmaster did.
They just show up, get money then let you pass no matter how shit you are? (unless you're blatantly crap)