Toribash
Original Post
The whole "get kicked and lose elo" thing
Admit it. there has always been at least once when you were about to win a match then got kicked and lost elo. I think that if somebody kicks you from a game when you are playing, that they should lose elo even if they are not playing because others could do it for them and what-not. Same goes for reseting but only to a certain frame. mainly because if they reset in the beggining they shouldn't lose elo.

Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
What about the countless people that actually get rage quitted on? Don't they deserve there elo?

No because:

1. Rank means jack shit here because the current ranking system is floored
2. You didn't win anything
3. Force updating ELO both up and down outside of the players stats will cock things up over time
4. Because of #4 the only safe way to do it is to have it count as a win, which will also add QI & TC*; as well as change the quit/spec/AFK thing to a forced loss.
*where applicable
5. People will just make alts & constantly join/quit against their main because users seem to think rank here means something - even more so due to #4

You really need to think things though before coming out with silly ideas.

The OP is a good suggestion, aside from people who quit/spec/AFK a match having an ELO penalty there should be no changes to stats. Clearly the current situation is a bug or an oversight.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
Well, nothing is perfect. But about this elo rating, i agree with you, pings, bans and kicks shouldn't fuck with your rank, sincerely, mostly of times you aren't responsable for them.

I agree that being kicked and banned shouldn't affect your elo, but pinging, yes.
There are countless people who "rage quit" by force pinging/disconnecting.

And on the other topic of "gaining" elo when someone rage quits on you,
that is an easier way for farmers to do their thing. -.-
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
elo penalty.
I think the elo penalty needs to be fixed, I was playing mushu in a server with some people, and right before I was about to win, he banned me. Making ME lose elo, I think they need to make it so, if you get banned/kicked, you don't lose elo.
I think the problem lies more with the apparent unfair banning than with the ELO loss. Generally, bans are justified, and the ELO penalty is just icing on the cake. But if the ban was unjust, then you should take it up with that person or someone who can do something about it instead. If the operator of a private server is banning people for winning against them, I believe action can be taken. Might want to check with a GM first, since I'm not entirely sure.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
I think the problem lies more with the apparent unfair banning than with the ELO loss. Generally, bans are justified, and the ELO penalty is just icing on the cake. But if the ban was unjust, then you should take it up with that person or someone who can do something about it instead. If the operator of a private server is banning people for winning against them, I believe action can be taken. Might want to check with a GM first, since I'm not entirely sure.

No, banning someone from a server has nothing to do with whether you played the game or not.

Besides, i was pretty sure the game doesn't give you penalties when you're kicked/banned from a server.
Originally Posted by sir
If you're kicked you don't lose ELO.
The allowed time to leave the game without losing ELO is until the first turn is executed.
AFK players don't lose ELO.

It was all implemented when 4.6 came out.

Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
LOL. how come I went from "16.78" elo, to "16.77" elo?

I was banned for no reason, he was about to lose, then decided to ban me.
Do you really think .01 down is going to make a difference
Haters get the bird, This is my movie, Fellas in the back like a foul-ball free-throw
It brings you one elo down, and yea I do. Last night, I got off toribash with a 16.68 elo, and had a rank like 640 something. The night before, I had a 16.81 which gave me rank 389. So yes I do.
suggestion to fix this
to fix this thing so it doesnt happen again in a later update -.-
http://prntscr.com/4dg9nr
like when you're in game and then someone kicks you in the middle of a match and you lose your rank.... ye.

idk what it is but ye.. fix that
dis is my signature