Ranking
Original Post
Color Username
I have a suggestion that what if you can pay idk $5-10 to change the color of your username.

The reason is because I'm getting bored of this dark boring red username color and it wont fit my forum set. I know that it will confuse us with the mods but maybe that can be fixed. but let me know how you feel, I can add more info in what I'm talking about
~#1 Shittiest Shitposter of TP 2016~
Tori-Agent
https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2206760_23.gif
Ex Co-Leader of Origin
The ability to have your username changed sounds nice and all, but it's mainly so people can depict the moderators of different departments and ones who aren't. This would kind of diminish it.

If anything, names would stay non bold, and the moderators kept their bold names. Regardless, I can't see this happening. It's a nice idea though. Just have some barriers.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
You guys also forget that it basically requires a whole new usergroup to change names to colored ones. That can get messy.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.

Well i've tried something, if it does work then it will probably be like 15 USD to change color. But what i'm saying is that if this can happen then probably change the font or something to make the names be different between Mods and Admins to Regular Folks idk it looks cool thou
Tori-Agent
Ex Co-Leader of Origin
If the only difference is that it can't be the exact same color or not bolded, than it's still very hard to recognize the difference.
People know someone is a smod when he has a bright blue username, not when it has a bolded, hexadecimal colored #3333E6 username (asuming smod has marine color.) If the only difference between that and someone who paid 10usd is boldness, I think that there will be alot of people confused.

Even without allowing it to be exactly the same color, it is still very easy to change #3333E6 to #3333E7, nobody sees the difference.

Then, this already existed, and it created confusion. Even though these people had light blue non-bolded usernames, which isn't very close to smod or gm, it still was confusing. There was a reason why you're not able to buy it anymore, even the people that bought these usernames before got their special colors removed.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oh, that font idea that Gangsta tossed out. That could work. Trebuchet MS is like the masterrace font, so you could use that for staff + bolded, and then something like Arial or Times New Roman for regular users. Would that help distinguish the two groups?

As for what Link said about usergroups... if each usergroup was eponymous to the individual buying the colour, could they be easily managed and sorted or would that still create too much clutter and/or interfere with other stuff?
i'm pretty sure that the font will seperate the "guys" from the "boys". i dont see it as a confusion because obvi. people will know the difference between both, andit wont be a struggle to know who is who..

maybe with the color names,there can only be a limited range of colors that you can choose from that 1) is completely different from the mods and other people.
and 2) wont cause a lot of distraction and it would be a great deal for only a limited amount of money
Tori-Agent
Ex Co-Leader of Origin
How is changing the font going to keep users from being confused? The font is just like a bolded name. Users aren't going to be "less confused". The users who don't understand how that works will not magically understand why there are two fonts and what they mean. Getting word out to staff should be easy and efficient no matter how ignorant you are. This username thing derails that. Changing the font on usernames even when they have been this way for so long is sort of redundant.

I fear the same with colors and "bolded" usernames.

Too much confusion. Thats what we would have to overcome.

Maybe instead of stupid moods, if we had usergroup titles, that could work. It's about time the forum customization had some innovation.
Last edited by Link; Jan 20, 2016 at 05:00 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
To be fair, I had no idea what in Christ's name coloured names meant in the slightest when I first joined. And no amount of looking at them helped me figure out what they were. What did help me, though, was making the connection between the staff list and the different colours.

I mean, if you think about the steps you take to get a problem solved, you don't wander through the forums until you find a post by someone with a coloured name. You go to people who you already know are staff... right?

I mean, how many times have you lurked the forums and browsed through threads just so you can find out who has a neat coloured name so you can PM them about something?

If people are really so confused, could we make that list less obscure?

Maybe, at the very least, a small link to the list at the bottom of every page instead of just the main page for the forums. Hell, maybe we could even fit it in at the top.
We should have a seekrit thing (not so seekrit) that when u purchase the username color, there a secret forum or subthreads that only works with the people who have colored names. including mods. and Only we the people who buy it with the toriprime / VIP Pack r able to see the colored naming while the others sees the red name as it is. Then, it won't be as so confusing and it will look cool. like for

e.g. Pouffywall <-- display) .only the full forum set will be able to see that but the regular people will only see Pouffywall. It might be rude for the un-buyers but if people want to see, then they must buy the pack

Idk it's just something i just now thought about
Last edited by Mist; Jan 20, 2016 at 06:00 AM.
Tori-Agent
Ex Co-Leader of Origin
Originally Posted by xxGangstaxx View Post
We should have a seekrit thing (not so seekrit) that when u purchase the username color, there a secret forum or subthreads that only works with the people who have colored names. including mods. and Only we the people who buy it with the toriprime / VIP Pack r able to see the colored naming while the others sees the red name as it is. Then, it won't be as so confusing and it will look cool. like for

e.g. Pouffywall <-- display) .only the full forum set will be able to see that but the regular people will only see Pouffywall. It might be rude for the un-buyers but if people want to see, then they must buy the pack

Idk it's just something i just now thought about

This would indeed fix the problems a little bit, as most people with VIP do know how this forum works and know what a staff is, still, there will probably be confusion. But even if it didn't confuse people, there are less than 200 people with VIP, I don't think that alot of people think it's worth 10usd to look cooler only to those few people. You may would want to do that, but I guess that alot of people think that's a little too much, and useless. We don't want useless things.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]