Ranking
Original Post
[LUA][WIP]Breakout (A game in a game)
So I was bored and like programming. so... yeah...

This was my second Toribash script ever, looking for critique, ideas for improvement etc. etc.

FEATURES

TO-DO

SCREENSHOTS

https://app.box.com/s/8m7wqd8igmd7fl2omk0o0g8yxgbtly9e

All Critique and feedback welcomed and appreciated. I'll update this post below as I continue to work on the script
Last edited by Stupinator; Aug 24, 2015 at 05:10 AM.
Former Item Forger
This looks very cool, you did a good job
Hi, I am a simple person I understand some people don't like me and I don't care.
This is amazing.
I remember there being a suggestion about having a snake game in mp while you were waiting in queue, and this is basicly exactly what I am going to use it for.
animations work great, doesn't mess up the fps rate, I have found no bugs so far and you can't get stuck anywhere.

Great work!
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
This is amazing.
I remember there being a suggestion about having a snake game in mp while you were waiting in queue, and this is basicly exactly what I am going to use it for.
animations work great, doesn't mess up the fps rate, I have found no bugs so far and you can't get stuck anywhere.

Great work!

Thank you sir, I now have a sequel to work on.
Former Item Forger
I would recommend adding in a cool score screen, with fancy lookin' numbers.

Also a hotkey for pausing/unpausing it!
:D
so, I found something.
If you chose a large number of blocks such as 100, the place where the ball starts meets with a line of blocks, giving you the ability to simply cut through that line.

To fix this i recomend you make the ball start off in contact with the "playable character" and let it bounce off as fast as you click to start the game.
|Replays|
I was considering my options for that. Thanks mack I think I'll do that!

------------------

Current version: Added particle effects for the ball hitting the paddle, and the ball hitting bricks. Also added a score-report after a victory, no buttons to restart as of yet, so make due with reloading the script.
Last edited by Stupinator; Aug 24, 2015 at 05:09 AM.
Former Item Forger
Just tried it out, works amazing. You make the hits way more statisfying with those particles. now all I would need is a little sound for it. though i have no idea if lua scripts have control over that. Anyway, nothing I see you can improve on. The ending GUI looks great. That pause shortcut is all that I see you can add on right now.
|Replays|