ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL] Fluxit's mod pack
Hi folks,

Last year I did textures, this year it's time to mod ;)
I mostly did then for me and my friends to mess around because I was a bit surprised that among the huge number of mods there are not really that many multiplayer ones, which are both balanced and fun. I'm not saying mine are but I certainly tried!
If someone likes the ideas and want to change anything, please rattle away. After all, we are after the same goal: More ways to wreck havoc to innocent ragdolls ;)
Here we go!

Guillotine jousting
Jousting with some steps to vary your flight. Near the end of the match, a guillotine cuts down in the middle. However, there is a safety zone close to the ground. Either move out of harms way or stay low and lift uke into the falling blade.

Hurdle jousting
The idea was to either go above or below the (destructable) hurdles, which only worked out so-so. But you can just grab a pole on your flight and use it as weapon. Watch the orange poles at your sides and the small block in the middle, as they are instagib. If your opponent jousts below the hurdles, you can try tearing apart the hurdle construction to have him hit by this block.

Countdown frame
An instgib frame rushes towards you. Boooring? The idea is old, but here comes the fresh breeze: You actually get warned 3/2/1 turns before it arrives by Roman numbers on the ground! So don't say you haven't seen it coming ;)

Judo arena
The promise is simple: Orange = bad.

Carousel
You fight on a stable platform but around you, four deadly poles rotate. Throw your enemy out to slice him through.
Would have been a lot nicer as round carousel but I didn't manage to get a flat cylinder. Also, the friction gave me some headaches, the judo doesn't feel right. Oh well.

Brute hammer
While there is a sledgehammer mod, I missed some chunky 2h-hammers. You start with the hammer in front of you to allow a higher number of openers, as it does matter how you grab the hammer.
Originally I craved for a non-instagib, heavy mass hammer head that smack bones apart with ease but this resulted in lifting yourself instead of the hammer or ripping apart your own limbs ;) I played around with body density but decided to make the hammer head instagib after all, hard enough to hit with it, he he.
There also is a double-blade spear at the side of the arena. Didn't really test it, probably to long to use anyway. But I like offering the extra opportunity, and if only to surprise poor Uke ;)

One ball - two targets
Hit the two coloured targets on each side to lead your opponent into destruction. Both players are non-grabbable but the bouncy ball can be held. A transparent box prohibits the ball from leaving the field.

Credits
All of the zealous mod tutorial creators Even after learning the basics, the wiki keeps proving valuable.
CheZDa for his wonderful acrojoust mod. It served as inspiration for both of my jousting mods, so if you somewhat enjoy them, make sure you try the superior original!
MrPoptart (who is included for the wiki credits already ;P) for the headlicopter mod. Without it, the carousel mod would be now three times more complicated because I didn't understand the environment joints right away.
Uke for being patient with me.

I'm grateful for feedback. Chances are that these or future mods get better by that ;)
Attached Files
brute_hammer.tbm (4.4 KB, 97 views)
carousel.tbm (2.6 KB, 38 views)
countdownframe.tbm (2.3 KB, 62 views)
joustguillotine.tbm (2.9 KB, 50 views)
jousthurdles.tbm (3.0 KB, 38 views)
judorena.tbm (1.2 KB, 42 views)
Fluxits modpack I.zip (4.5 KB, 124 views)
oneball2targets.tbm (4.2 KB, 49 views)
Last edited by Fluxit; Apr 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM.
Thank you very much! Like everywhere, appreciation makes all efforts easy to forget ;) I already have some ideas for additional mods, but my time, oh my, I wish I had more. So if you favor any of the shown mods in particular, let me know, so I can focus on similar aspects (weapons / restricting conditions / jousting / maybe sport).
Wow, how long hve you been modding?

impressive. you should mod more. XD
- its been a while
I began modding about a week ago, but I gathered ideas before doing so. It helps a whole lot to have a high number of other mods to compare how what is done.

Actually, I have 2-3 nice ideas for competitions with some flashy new mods. I first have to test if they work out as expected. If someone is interested in sponsoring, please let me know, so we can discuss the details. I probably only have time for one of them for now.
Sup Sup old pal^^

well ive took a look at this, i love the presentation, and i love the mods, nice ideas, and fucking good for a modding "newbie"

Keep it going pal!

Good job
Nice mods. I like the hammer one the most, looks very fun.

Have you put these up for approval yet? Would be awesome.
I've put up three (both jousting and the judo arena) up for approving because those were the first I made and I wanted to play them with some friends quickly. For the others, well, I had expected a bunch of criticism and wanted to change the mods accordingly if needed, but apparently everyone is happy ;)
I will put them on the approval list this weekend.
And I'm also busy with new mods, yay! ;)