Ranking
Let's take an alternative approach. Instead of punishing people that make bad threads, lets reward the ones that make good ones. Will further discuss on IRC.
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Let's take an alternative approach. Instead of punishing people that make bad threads, lets reward the ones that make good ones. Will further discuss on IRC.

So we get a threadrush by people who THINK they make good threads? Threads that will be like "which one's the most smelly, the pinky or the big toe?". no thanks.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
Originally Posted by Dalir View Post
So we get a threadrush by people who THINK they make good threads? Threads that will be like "which one's the most smelly, the pinky or the big toe?". no thanks.

Then we ban them for the crap threads, no?
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Can't really do anything if there is nothing left to be generalized. With a board for all worthwhile topics, not many are left to be put here that cannot be moved, as Dalir said. So as for thread quality here, there's not much to do aside from remove some of the less necessary boards in elerk. Alternatively, you could remove Discussion and move the elerk board to the top of the forums. Banning people for making crap threads would just discourage them from posting here (discussion), they would just post the topic in the relevant elerk board anways, lowering traffic to Disussion even more.

Whatever, that's where I stand. Let me know if I misunderstood.

Edit: I think Rapid Threads is the least necessary, and many of the topics there can be moved to Discussion.
Last edited by RbLcK; Mar 3, 2009 at 07:45 AM.

imo whoever made the music and tv board, was a worthless failure. I think I made the music one at request on irc when drunk, but nevertheless, I didn't come up with it.

perhaps someone should move them.
the tread quality is in my oppoinion how long it might "stay alive" =)
Helge Sverre - System Developer
https://helgesverre.com
Well, I was kinda hoping that with the re-arrival of Wibbles and the introduction of boards such as Rapid Threads would filter out the bullshit from Discussion...

...and it does, to a certain degree. Sadly, this community seems to be partially lobotomized when it comes to making good threads, so the activity in Discussion has dropped quite a bit. This all makes a board mod such as myself confused - where should I draw the line. If I keep being to strict, there'll be but two or three active threads in GD at a time. If I slack off, the activity rises, but the quality will drop as a negative repercussion.

In my opinion, to qualify a place in Discussion, the thread would actually have to be a discussion-based-topic. Bad threads are those such as "what movies do you guys prefer", which tends to be opened quite often.
Originally Posted by CMon View Post
In my opinion, to qualify a place in Discussion, the thread would actually have to be a discussion-based-topic. Bad threads are those such as "what movies do you guys prefer", which tends to be opened quite often.

Well, ok, take that last thought one step further and maybe we could come up with an answer. What sort of things actually DO belong in discussion? I think if you guys could answer that question, the rest may begin to make a bit more sense.

lol, I almost made the same suggestion as stonewall, luckily I divined the rejection that would follow before I did.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by RbLcK View Post
Can't really do anything if there is nothing left to be generalized. With a board for all worthwhile topics, not many are left to be put here that cannot be moved, as Dalir said. So as for thread quality here, there's not much to do aside from remove some of the less necessary boards in elerk. Alternatively, you could remove Discussion and move the elerk board to the top of the forums. Banning people for making crap threads would just discourage them from posting here (discussion), they would just post the topic in the relevant elerk board anways, lowering traffic to Disussion even more.

Whatever, that's where I stand. Let me know if I misunderstood.

Edit: I think Rapid Threads is the least necessary, and many of the topics there can be moved to Discussion.

Rapid Threads has its purposes. Its for the threads that want serious answers and don't want to be banned for being Wibble-material in GD. Such as "What can I do, I'm bored right now," and expecting not to get the answer "FAP!"

Well, it'll probably happen anyways. :/

Originally Posted by veb View Post
imo whoever made the music and tv board, was a worthless failure. I think I made the music one at request on irc when drunk, but nevertheless, I didn't come up with it.

perhaps someone should move them.

Where to, decidor? imo, I think we should just merge those back to GD or say "hell with it" and dump it all in Wibbles.

Originally Posted by CMon View Post
Well, I was kinda hoping that with the re-arrival of Wibbles and the introduction of boards such as Rapid Threads would filter out the bullshit from Discussion...

...and it does, to a certain degree. Sadly, this community seems to be partially lobotomized when it comes to making good threads, so the activity in Discussion has dropped quite a bit. This all makes a board mod such as myself confused - where should I draw the line. If I keep being to strict, there'll be but two or three active threads in GD at a time. If I slack off, the activity rises, but the quality will drop as a negative repercussion.

Well, "what movies do you guys prefer" is a bad thread, but "why does nobody like movie xyz" might be discussion material.

Also, ya Wibbles works as a spam dump. Unfortunately, most of our stuff is spam. :/

Originally Posted by Chac View Post
That's seriously the worst idea that's been listed yet

Maybe your pessimism is getting the better of you.

Originally Posted by deady View Post
Well, ok, take that last thought one step further and maybe we could come up with an answer. What sort of things actually DO belong in discussion? I think if you guys could answer that question, the rest may begin to make a bit more sense.

lol, I almost made the same suggestion as stonewall, luckily I divined the rejection that would follow before I did.

Everything that is decent and doesn't go anywhere else.

Like this thread.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!