ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
That's something that you do when you get onto the blackbelt servers and find that the ol' snapkick just won't cut it anymore.

Actually, you play betabox, kickbox, and taekwon, you hardly see anything other than snap kicks.
the god
^ Above post proves my point.

Actually, a match starting with a noob clap can get exciting if both players know how to play. And it's not necessarily "funner" if a match has more action in it, it's much more fun if you are on the verge of loosing, even if the match started out boring. For example, you'll play with a new player, he uses the noob clap (or any other noob move), it doesn't mean that the match will get boring. You might just even lose there because of the moves simplicity. That's when it get's fun.

Also, having a complex move doesn't mean you'll have more action in the match. I've seen many great matches that have arrived from simple 4-5 joint openers.
Last edited by Stonewall; Mar 28, 2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar.
Originally Posted by RicH View Post
Also, having a complex move doesn't mean you'll have more action in the match. I've seen many great matches that have arrived from simple 4-5 joint openers.

Agree, a "noob" move is a move that sucks, not a move that uses few movements, but still manages to be affective. Also, a memorized move to me isn't skill, even if you've made the move yourself, the skill is being able to adjust to the current situation.
the god
I'd much rather bring back clan servers.

I loved the 100 or so servers, each with a pass.
infamous
Eh, they used to be open, and then high Dan black belts would come in to the beginner rooms and whoop ass on everyone and it was no fun. I dont this needs to be done :/

Sorry if this has already been said, but its at 3 pages and I just got off work.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
I think the idea with belt limited servers is that yellow belts shouldnt fight 5th Dans.

I think we should keep it.
Member [o]f Incognito
Sigh, why would you put white belts against 10th dans? It is just slaughter and it can annoy the black belters because they could have to face a bunch of noobs.

It would be better for some people if we had say black belt servers, 2nd dan servers, 3rd dan servers etc. It would also help clan recruiters with there belt limit to recruit. But then we would have alot of servers wouldn't we.

just keep things the way they, it is much better like that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i wub u lSl :D
[vibe] [ORMO] [GATA]

they CAN play people other than their belt and lose to the higher belts and whatnot. It's called custom servers.
Yes, but they may not know what belt they are playing with. But yeah no, just no

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i wub u lSl :D
[vibe] [ORMO] [GATA]