Toribash
Original Post
My New Computer Build
So this is just a list of all of the hardware that is going to go into my new PC build. I'm confident that this setup will work but it's always nice to have some peace of mind before ordering the parts. I'd just like you guys to tell me if things won't be compatible with each other or if there are better alternatives on the market. And I want reasons, no "Intel is better AMD sucks", "nVidia is better than AMD" or "Kingston is the best yolo".

AMD Piledriver FX-6300 Black Edition @ 3.5GHz Processor

ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 AMD 970 ATX Motherboard

X-Warrior Devil Red Edition Case Xigmatek Asgard III Case OR BitFenix Merc Alpha Case

Crucial V4 64GB SSD

Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB 1600MHz RAM

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD

Coolermaster Extreme Power Plus 600W PSU

Sapphire HD 6570 2GB GPU OR Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz Edition 1GB GPU

That’s about it, may get a disc drive too, as well as a sound card.

EDIT:
My maximum budget is £600 but I want to stay over £50 clear of it.
I am doing some audio work but not with uber-expensive gear, so the sound card really depends on the quality of the onboard sound.
I am going to be doing a lot of gaming as well
Last edited by rossbarker; Nov 9, 2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Raised Budget and GPU change
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Did you read the sticky? Did you read logicalincrements.com ?

There's no need to get a sound card, integrated sound drivers are plenty good already, and if you really wanted something you'd get a DAC.

Judging by the choice of case, I'm guessing you are a ricer. Personally I think that case is absolutely disgusting.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by rossbarker View Post
So this is just a list of all of the hardware that is going to go into my new PC build. I'm confident that this setup will work but it's always nice to have some peace of mind before ordering the parts. I'd just like you guys to tell me if things won't be compatible with each other or if there are better alternatives on the market. And I want reasons, no "Intel is better AMD sucks", "nVidia is better than AMD" or "Kingston is the best yolo".

AMD Piledriver FX-6300 Black Edition @ 3.5GHz Processor

ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 AMD 970 ATX Motherboard

X-Warrior Devil Red Edition Case

Crucial V4 64GB SSD

Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB 1600MHz RAM

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD

Coolermaster Extreme Power Plus 600W PSU

Sapphire HD 6570 2GB GPU

That’s about it, may get a disc drive too, as well as a sound card.

The 6570 is okay and you'll have no problems with it, but honestly I'd suggest getting something like a 7770 or better.

Another thing, your case is a bit weird, there are far better alternatives with better cooling intake/exhaust and cable management. Don't get a case because it looks cool, get one for what it offers, ie cooling and cable management.

Other then that, looks fine to me, close to my build honestly.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Did you read the sticky? Did you read logicalincrements.com ?

There's no need to get a sound card, integrated sound drivers are plenty good already, and if you really wanted something you'd get a DAC.

Judging by the choice of case, I'm guessing you are a ricer. Personally I think that case is absolutely disgusting.

Try listening to a quality headphone through the onboard sound, and then a good soundcard, and you'll see the difference. And also try plugging in a guitar into the onboard mic jack, it's guaranteed you'll hear sizzle.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Originally Posted by GamerDaPro View Post
Try listening to a quality headphone through the onboard sound, and then a good soundcard, and you'll see the difference. And also try plugging in a guitar into the onboard mic jack, it's guaranteed you'll hear sizzle.

Op didn't say he had $1000 audiophile headphones, and he didn't say he wanted to use it for his guitar. His budget is obviously very limited, and given that sound cards will ONLY be useful if the rest of your audio gear are plenty good already it's a pointless buy. And like I said, I think getting a quality DAC before getting a quality soundcard is a far better choice.

Try taking the context of the thread into consideration when you post.
Op didn't say he had $1000 audiophile headphones, and he didn't say he wanted to use it for his guitar. His budget is obviously very limited, and given that sound cards will ONLY be useful if the rest of your audio gear are plenty good already it's a pointless buy. And like I said, I think getting a quality DAC before getting a quality soundcard is a far better choice.

Try taking the context of the thread into consideration when you post.

I don't think op stated his budget nor his intentions with the computer. If you can read minds; I'm sorry.

Also DAC? lol. Those overpriced portable soundcards you mean?(As every soundcard, even the onboard ones have analog converters, otherwise you wouldn't be able to listen to it over a speaker/headphone properly.)I would always choose a cheaper old-fashined PCI sound card over it, which doesn't even occupy an additional usb slot, that can be used for everything else(considering op doesn't want to use that Pci slot for something else.).
0x6869706F7469626F72
I've added some extra info in my original post.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Originally Posted by GamerDaPro View Post
I don't think op stated his budget nor his intentions with the computer. If you can read minds; I'm sorry.

Also DAC? lol. Those overpriced portable soundcards you mean?(As every soundcard, even the onboard ones have analog converters, otherwise you wouldn't be able to listen to it over a speaker/headphone properly.)I would always choose a cheaper old-fashined PCI sound card over it, which doesn't even occupy an additional usb slot, that can be used for everything else(considering op doesn't want to use that Pci slot for something else.).

Yup, you're right, OP clearly has infinite money that's why he's looking at FX-6300 and a 6570. Him not saying he doesn't not want a non-audiophile computer clearly means he wants an audiophile computer. It all makes sense! ... :I

"Those overpriced portable soundcards you mean?"
lol, clearly you know nothing about audio in the first place, and I have no idea why you are posting.

Not sure if trolling or just an idiot, but reported either way.
Yup, you're right, OP clearly has infinite money that's why he's looking at FX-6300 and a 6570. Him not saying he doesn't not want a non-audiophile computer clearly means he wants an audiophile computer. It all makes sense! ... :I

"Those overpriced portable soundcards you mean?"
lol, clearly you know nothing about audio in the first place, and I have no idea why you are posting.

Not sure if trolling or just an idiot, but reported either way.

Who are you to question OP's financial status in the first place? I personally don't go to a fucking expensive restaurant not because I can't do that, but because the food I eat elsewhere is sufficient for me, and I spend the extra money for something else.
And again the question appears: how the hell do you know what he's going to use the computer for, even in the future? He didn't state it at all(before the edit).

"lol, clearly you know nothing about audio in the first place" Tell me what I need to know, and I don't yet know about a basic analog converter please.

"and I have no idea why you are posting." You were posting shit, while making false assumptions of what OP needed, and what he didn't, and I corrected those.
0x6869706F7469626F72