people playing: 96, servers online: 28, games played: 144,612,581 Top Player: Cicada3301

  Toribash Community » Help » Beginner Sanctuary
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 17, 2009   #21
scheczudio
Forumite
 
Pink Belt
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,298
Clan: Alpha



Someone is rather hard to impress :v


Anyways, the reason why I recommend 3 turn openers are because I see lots of people using 2 turn kicks, and after their kick (usually at the end of the 2nd turn) they are in a vulnerable position. Not everyone, but many. With a 3 turn opener, you are ready to attack on the 3rd turn, when your opponent is in a bad position. Which is convenient

Btw, Maldiluna has really cool 3 turn moves, watch out for him if you want to get an idea of how effective it can be.



Btw Sunny, I tried editing your moves on the second turn onwards. Check them out.
I made your kick a bit faster and reach uke.
I couldn't edit your punch well so I kinda made it into a kick. It's not fast, but it will probably hit something.

I hope this helps at least a little
Attached Files
File Type: rpl 51.13.rpl (16.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: rpl sunnykick.rpl (27.8 KB, 33 views)
[A L P H A]

Last edited by scheczudio; Aug 17, 2009 at 04:12 PM..
scheczudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009   #22
Sunny
Senior Member
 
Black Belt
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 615



Originally Posted by scheczudio View Post
Someone is rather hard to impress :v


Anyways, the reason why I recommend 3 turn openers are because I see lots of people using 2 turn kicks, and after their kick (usually at the end of the 2nd turn) they are in a vulnerable position. Not everyone, but many. With a 3 turn opener, you are ready to attack on the 3rd turn, when your opponent is in a bad position. Which is convenient

Btw, Maldiluna has really cool 3 turn moves, watch out for him if you want to get an idea of how effective it can be.



Btw Sunny, I tried editing your moves on the second turn onwards. Check them out.
I made your kick a bit faster and reach uke.
I couldn't edit your punch well so I kinda made it into a kick. It's not fast, but it will probably hit something.

I hope this helps at least a little

thanks for this, it has given me a few ideas on some other moves, the next step i guess would be a helicopter, if i could figure out how to make one (epecially one that avoids rush moves) then i'd be set.
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009   #23
maldiluna
ub3r
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,787
Clan: Alpha



Thanks for mentioning me schecz <3

Btw, 2 turns moves < 3 turns moves, imo. Fights where both players impro or even use premade 3 turns starters are usually way cooler than those boring fights where both opponents dq in the 3rd turn cause they don't know what to do if they don't get a dm with their copycatted opener.

Wushu is not about jumping to the opponent as fast as possible, there are 1273 other mods for that. It requires more strategy, rushing kills the game, that's why the elite server mf have been changed to 650 and that's why when we make private wushu rooms we always play with 750+ mf.
●Alpha●
●OLDA●
●ORMO●
maldiluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009   #24
Hyde
Jupiter's Cock
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,982



Originally Posted by maldiluna View Post
Thanks for mentioning me schecz <3

Btw, 2 turns moves < 3 turns moves, imo. Fights where both players impro or even use premade 3 turns starters are usually way cooler than those boring fights where both opponents dq in the 3rd turn cause they don't know what to do if they don't get a dm with their copycatted opener.

Wushu is not about jumping to the opponent as fast as possible, there are 1273 other mods for that. It requires more strategy, rushing kills the game, that's why the elite server mf have been changed to 650 and that's why when we make private wushu rooms we always play with 750+ mf.

But, if you use a 3 stage move, and your opponents 2 stage move has a huge reach like my boomkick, you are pretty much screwed. My kick can hit at 275 ed, so to dodge it, you would have to move hella back.
Hoss.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009   #25
deady
Chatterbox
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,733



Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
But, if you use a 3 stage move, and your opponents 2 stage move has a huge reach like my boomkick, you are pretty much screwed. My kick can hit at 275 ed, so to dodge it, you would have to move hella back.

I dont think that is the point Maldi is trying to make.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
deady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009   #26
Odlov
 
God Belt
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,905
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
But, if you use a 3 stage move, and your opponents 2 stage move has a huge reach like my boomkick, you are pretty much screwed. My kick can hit at 275 ed, so to dodge it, you would have to move hella back.

Every 2 stage move can be avoided easily. Hell, i bet you could just hold all 1 turn and still avoid your kick/punch easily.
Odlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009   #27
Hyde
Jupiter's Cock
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,982



Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Every 2 stage move can be avoided easily. Hell, i bet you could just hold all 1 turn and still avoid your kick/punch easily.

But if you hold all and person does a 3 stage move, the same thing happens.
Hoss.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009   #28
Odlov
 
God Belt
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,905
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
But if you hold all and person does a 3 stage move, the same thing happens.

That wasn't what we were discussing :P
No one is arguing that. That's why you must never stick to one dogmatic way of doing your move and adjust your approach accordingly.
Odlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009   #29
Hyde
Jupiter's Cock
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,982



Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
That wasn't what we were discussing :P
No one is arguing that. That's why you must never stick to one dogmatic way of doing your move and adjust your approach accordingly.

You can still do the same thing for both types. Its just that 3 turn moves are less reliable in ensuring your survival.
Hoss.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009   #30
maldiluna
ub3r
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,787
Clan: Alpha



Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
You can still do the same thing for both types. Its just that 3 turn moves are less reliable in ensuring your survival.

According to your logic, a 1 turn move would be the best wushu move ever.
Do you know that hitting uke in the first turn is actually possible in wushu?
But that sucks. It's not a matter of turns or numbers, your kick could even hit at 350 ed, your opponent could just move laterally or block it and come back later.
●Alpha●
●OLDA●
●ORMO●
maldiluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game