Ranking
Original Post
Aikido - Decap by pulling off the head?
Aikido - Brute Decap
Does anyone have specific knowledge pertaining to holding onto the opponent's head and ripping it off the body with brute strength? The simplest way is to hold onto the body with one arm and the head with another, and rip them away from each other, right? Must my grip on the head be close to the neck/chin? Is it possible while holding onto the forehead/scalp? Would my other arm be most effective gripping their chest/lumbar/abs? Any information would be greatly appreciated

Maybe one arm would be gripped on the head, and the other arm would swing downward, gaining momentum into a grab, and rip the body away from the head?
Last edited by Richgar319; Oct 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
I don't actually think it's possible to grab the body and grab the head and then just pull them apart and if it is I've never seen it. The only ways I see decaps are if the opponent's head is hit with great force by a body part of the other player.

Alternatively, if you grab the head and body in separate hands and drive the opponents tori down onto your knee then it should generate force and could decap depending on which part of them hits your knee.

Good luck.
Is there a way to increase the momentum of the offhand and smash it downwards into the body to lacerate the body away from the head though?
Maybe there isn't enough room for it? I've also found it difficult to align my arm width parallel to Uke's thorax to test if I could rend apart Uke's clavicle/sternum and cranium with brute force. I want to know if it's possible to decap while one hand is constricted about the enemy's face.
Last edited by Richgar319; Oct 2, 2012 at 02:01 AM.
I'm not sure if you could do this in aikido because the dmthreshold is higher, but it's fairly easy to do with standard 100 dmthresh, meaning you could do this in judo, etc.

the replay shows that you can do it in the mid section so it wouldn't be harder to do it with the head. Notice dm occurs after initial hit.

Sorry if you meant specifically aikido.
Attached Files
posmmwip.rpl (46.5 KB, 53 views)
Your pal,
crith
Yes, it is possible, very possible.
Decap <----Edited but I swear it was against another player in aikidobigdojo.tbm
I said "There's your Decap" in the /em but I was talking to him in chat also. (If it doesn't open on left-click, right-click and Open.)
Last edited by SoulSink; Oct 2, 2012 at 02:59 AM.
@chrisfinne - I meant aikido, and without the hand holding onto the head having any help from initial impact. With impact force from both arms, ripping apart the enemy is perfectly possible I know.
@SoulSink - Do you know the specifics of how you did that? I keep watching it, but it seems you didn't force him down at any time. Maybe he was forcing his body down or keeping it rigid... I gotta watch it a few more times. You grabbed him in the back of the head.. I'm gonna see if it's easier that way.. probably not, but I'll try.
Yes, I grabbed him back, he lowered his shouler thinking to get more momentum, I was raising my shoulder, and the force together "brute" forced his head off.
-----
Let me know which server you're in and I'll explain more.
Last edited by SoulSink; Oct 2, 2012 at 04:16 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
There is a way to decap by contracting and extending wrist while your huging the oponent.
you're not going to decap every game, but every once in a while maybe about twice a day, you can get a decap. Sometimes they are completely lucky, and sometimes they take some skill. If you are going to try to knock his head off, contract wrist it gives it more force, but if you're grabbing the head, try to use the other hand to hit the neck or maybe it will fracture.