Ranking
Original Post
My computers RAM is fucked up
Recently, i bought some new memories for my computer. i opened it up, took out the old ones and then i realized that the new ones didnt fit. so i had to put the old ones back. but when i started my computer it was lazy like hell. it took about 20 min just to open up explorer. and it sais i only have 128 mb, but the old ones are at 2 gb. no matter how i twist or turn them it wont work. nothing works. do you think that the memories where fucked up or is it the computer that is crazy? im going to order some new ones that fit, but its pretty annoying to not be able to use your computer until they arrive.

any help would be apreciated. thank you very much.
Swedish Viking
im thinking static damage on the ram you took out but thats all i can come up with. iv had this trouble before on my old laptop instead
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019
take out -> blow in slots -> blow on the contacts on the card -> put back in -> try again :3
also, was you earthed before removing this RAM?
If not, it probably is static damage to the actual RAM, or the MB (though usually, damage to the MB is more apparent, eg. computer crashing before even loading windows)
Try buying a can of compressed air (should be cheap) and spray the contacts and pins with it
will remove any foreign material
Also, DDR3 and DDR2 have different spots in the mobo and they won't fit in correctly if you try to put a DDR3 in a DDR2 or vice-versa. Try using different ram slots with the ram that doesn't fit and see if it will this time.
Most DDR2 mobos don't support DDR3 no matter what slot or orientation you jam it in.

If possible, try to boot with another PC's ram that is known to be good. At least then you can narrow down the problem to the sticks or the mobo. Hopefully it's just the sticks, or even better, a stray dust bunny. It's possible you tore off part of the connections between the slot and the mobo itself while removing ram, although I haven't heard any horror stories of this happening before.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]