psu help
i got a 350W psu (i thingk)

i have a core 2 due 2.66
asus 9500 1gb
3gb ddr2 ram
1x 120mm fan
2x 80mm fan

do i need more power?
and if i dont have enoth what will it do?
run slower? run the same? run games better?

thx
250 is really low, but your system isn't very large either.
Before I upgraded to a larger psu, I figured out mine was too low when I experienced stuttering in the audio and lag in video. My card wasn't getting enough to process the frames consistently. If you haven't been getting any hiccups at all, you shouldn't worry, since upgrading won't show improvement until you go for more powerhungry parts. Like a gtx 480, which will stress you PSU by itself XD.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
ya thx

i am thingking of getting a asus 5770 or a asus gts260
i am not sure with one
what will give me the best results on gta4 and crysis?
Originally Posted by BlackDemon View Post
ya thx

i am thingking of getting a asus 5770 or a asus gts260
i am not sure with one
what will give me the best results on gta4 and crysis?

Well then you should get a nice PSU of at least 400W, such as the Corsair CX-400.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Well if you are getting ANY of the mid range to upper end cards, you will need a larger psu. For sure.
400 watts was barely enough for my gts 250. I'd get 500-700 watts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
i may get about +-R200 (+-260$)
i gonna sell my Gpu,psu,my old bicycle i never use and my mom gonna give me R400

and i have R1100 savings (157$)

thats 417$ i can spend on a gpu,psu

but live in south afrika the stuf here is dam expencif i payd 150$ for my 9500 1year ago

so u guys can plz me choos the right stuff
thx

edit:its a 250 i can get not a 260

i read onthe net a asus 5770 is full of crap
so will an 250 1gb run games good?or shuld i w8 somemore till the cards price drop the 400's will make the 250 price go down prob
Last edited by Suspect; May 9, 2010 at 01:07 PM.
http://www.corsair.com/products/vx/default.aspx

(VX550)

This is a very nice PSU, I used it on my main rig before I had to upgrade to a 1000w PSU for running the HD5970 etc and 5870's in SLI.

I still have it in one of my other PCs together with a Quad core and a GPU a GTX275, it runs without any problems.

It's reliable, has good performance and is also very efficient.
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
I know you aren't asking for gpu stuff, but if you can get te 5770 for a similar price to the gts 250, get it. It is more powerful overall and it has dx11 features.

The gts 250 is actually a 9800+ rebranded. Still a good card, but showing it's age
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
ya the 5770 is only 30$ more then the gts250

i am gonna save up more that mean i have to w8 and i dont like w8ing

i updated my card (drivver) a wile back i got better prefomens
i am updating my directx as i speak
what can i update more that will make my pc runbetter with games

i dont want to oc but will a 50Mhz or a 100mhz oc make a big dif?
its 550mhz and i want to oc to 600 or 650 but i am scared it may fuck my pc up
and my cpu 2.66 ~2.8 do i need exstra cooling then?

sorry i want good anser from a pro in pc's dont wanna fuck my pc up if i do my momgonna kill me
Overclocking will consume more power, so if you plan on doing so, aim for the higher end of the power amounts.

If you are afraid of anything bad, I would avoid overclocking other than the very basics. So no overvolting because increasing voltage is where I hear most of the horror stories.

But increasing frequency on CPU and core clocks on the gpu isn't too risky. A nonstock cooler would definitely be good to have though. And if overclocking a gpu, custom fan settings.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]