ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
DDOS Threat against me...
Soo someone threatend to DDOS me and now my internet is being very sluggish... is there a way for someone to get my IP from this game if I do not host a room?
Yes, i didnt think anything of it... didnt think someone could get my ip from this game i didnt know if it direct connected to other clients or not.
general rule is they can't get your ip: that command was disabled ages ago

if you're still worried, you can switch connections. doubt he would even ddos you in the first place

(also, you can report the user for this)
Nope not on steam which is why im wondering if its possible to get someones ip from a plublic lobby in this game.
-----
Don't know the name of the user. If there was a command and it was disabled my question still stands on whether or not any of the clients connected to the lobby would be able to get access to my ip without using any game commands. I was always under the impression that I am connecting to a lobby being hosted by toribash and only they would have access to my IP.
-----
I would normally just call my ISP but I am renting and my internet is included. The landlord does not have a pc so the lag isnt from them and has only started since this threat.
Last edited by failninjax; Jun 28, 2016 at 11:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
It's not possible to get a users ip within the game, if that someone managed to get your ip, it was done through external ways. Next time screenshot the guy threatening you and report it, the staff will take care of it
Originally Posted by Lite View Post
It's not possible to get a users ip within the game, if that someone managed to get your ip, it was done through external ways. Next time screenshot the guy threatening you and report it, the staff will take care of it

yeah it is lmao.

you can classicstun ws and grab the ip of everyone connected to your lobby within around 5 or so minutes considering you have to dissect the list and get rid of any tb related servers

EDIT: in no way have i ever taken part in this cross my fingers and hope to die
wireshark is not within the game
therefore it is external
don't ddos me buddy
pacquiao
Originally Posted by null View Post
yeah it is lmao.

you can classicstun ws and grab the ip of everyone connected to your lobby within around 5 or so minutes considering you have to dissect the list and get rid of any tb related servers

EDIT: in no way have i ever taken part in this cross my fingers and hope to die

No, it's not. No peer-to-peer connections are made. All network features are player -> server -> all other players. Don't spread misinformation to frighten other players.

OP: Best thing you can do is probably reset your modem or router if you have access to it. Also note that shared connections (which is most likely the case if you live in an apartment) tend to fluctuate in connection quality at peak usage times. Probably just a coincidence. Also, in the future, please post a report or PM a staff member with screenshot evidence.
Last edited by box; Jun 29, 2016 at 02:04 PM.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today