Toribash
It really depends on the violence, violence using a firearm is different, but only every other kind of violence is natural selection, 2 animals fight, the strong one survives, then fights another, the stronger survives, over time, that species will grow stronger and stronger, of course a few times someone's going to get lucky, like possessing a firearm and choosing a bunch of toddlers, but, yes I still believe violence, is a way of a species evolving and becoming stronger. Aka natural selection.
ISSA GANG BANG
Originally Posted by sleepwalking View Post
This hypothetical scenario can be applied to just about every situation involving someone committing a violent act. In the modern world, being violent does not make you fit.

If that's the case, how come school bullies are often the ones getting chicks preggers before they're 20? Competence in violence makes one a real 'man', it's a form of human capital. Why is this the case? It's likely because the capacity for violence was what separated your family from being killed/raped by the opposing tribe/wild animal.

In our soft and doughy modern world, the capacity for violence is not nearly as valued as it once was, our environment and society has changed for the better. That said, there are still remnants of the primal psychology locked up in our brains. There are still dumb girls that find violent guys very attractive. We're still apes, even if we wear clothes.
Originally Posted by Gang View Post
It really depends on the violence, violence using a firearm is different, but only every other kind of violence is natural selection, 2 animals fight, the strong one survives, then fights another, the stronger survives, over time, that species will grow stronger and stronger, of course a few times someone's going to get lucky, like possessing a firearm and choosing a bunch of toddlers, but, yes I still believe violence, is a way of a species evolving and becoming stronger. Aka natural selection.

Like i said before, natural selectiom doesnt usually pick the nice guys.
So no possessing a fire arm and picking toddlers doesnt mean hes got lucky and that it doesnt count as natural selection. It does.
Thats called being an opportunistic person and using your surroundings to your advantage. This type of person would definitely survive more than someone without these traits. (again) if we humans werent smart enough to work together and give all of us rights to live.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
this one is a doozy
Originally Posted by notEle View Post
If that's the case, how come school bullies are often the ones getting chicks preggers before they're 20?

Giving birth at a young age doesn't really indicate better 'fitness'. More stupidity, sure, but there's no research I could find indicating that teenage fathers live longer and have more children. ¯\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/¯

Competence in violence makes one a real 'man', it's a form of human capital. Why is this the case? It's likely because the capacity for violence was what separated your family from being killed/raped by the opposing tribe/wild animal.

Yeah, I guess. Competence of, and capacity for violence is indeed something that can be valued as important for the sake of protecting your family. Sure.

In our soft and doughy modern world, the capacity for violence is not nearly as valued as it once was, our environment and society has changed for the better. That said, there are still remnants of the primal psychology locked up in our brains. There are still dumb girls that find violent guys very attractive. We're still apes, even if we wear clothes.

You basically answered yourself here. Violence is not nearly as valued, or as common, as it once was. By your own words, our society has changed for the better. There's a term for that. It's natural selection, and through that, evolution. The violent people end up dying through violence.

Yes, there are some people who find violent, rough men attractive. That doesn't mean that's where the population's headed. You sort of implied that yourself when you called it 'primal psychology' and 'dumb girls'.

-----
also,
Originally Posted by Gang View Post
It really depends on the violence, violence using a firearm is different, but only every other kind of violence is natural selection

you still don't understand what natural selection is, my boy
Last edited by sleepwalking; Jul 11, 2018 at 10:51 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Violence, Violation, Hostility. Mentally and or physically cause harm are all forms of violence. A word like Violent can have many contextual meanings. The Animal Kingdom can be defined as Violent same with Nature. Violent can loosely replace the word Chaos whereas Peace would be order.

The word Violence shouldnt be a hard concept to grasp.
this one is a doozy

Giving birth at a young age doesn't really indicate better 'fitness'. More stupidity, sure, but there's no research I could find indicating that teenage fathers live longer and have more children. ¯\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/¯

Propagation of the gene pool is propagation of the gene pool though, regardless of whether teen dads live longer or have more children on average.
You basically answered yourself here. Violence is not nearly as valued, or as common, as it once was. By your own words, our society has changed for the better. There's a term for that. It's natural selection, and through that, evolution. The violent people end up dying through violence.

The decrease in violence and wars in the world isn't a result of 'natural selection'. It's a result of rising standards of living (this is subsequently the result of lots of factors, mainly modern technology). Violent people aren't 'dying' out.

You've misattributed the devaluation of violence to natural selection.

Yes, there are some people who find violent, rough men attractive. That doesn't mean that's where the population's headed. You sort of implied that yourself when you called it 'primal psychology' and 'dumb girls'.

I never made the descriptive claim that society is heading down that road. I just said that humans haven't evolved past their primal psychology. It wasn't some damning lamentation about the future of humanity - Didn't mean to imply that.
Last edited by notEle; Jul 12, 2018 at 08:47 AM.